Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Holland is one of the worst vocalists ever?

Quote Originally Posted by KTILLA23 View Post
    That top ten list sucks! A least half of those people don't deserve to be on there! Same goes for the top 150 songs.
    Your best offspring album list annoys the shit outta me.....No self respecting Offspring fan would have Smash 6th
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"

Really? Disagree. Smash is in the top two for casual fans who don't really know the Offspring. Smash is #4 or #5 for me... too many overplayed songs that I was tired of before I was even a fan, plus it includes one of the top 3 worst Offspring songs ever, So Alone. Personal taste, man. Nothing to do with being a self-respecting fan.

Edit: I like Ixnay, Ignition, Self Titled, and RFRG more than Smash. The only one in his list I disagree with is CO1. Maybe their worst album there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Really? Disagree. Smash is in the top two for casual fans who don't really know the Offspring. Smash is #4 or #5 for me... too many overplayed songs that I was tired of before I was even a fan, plus it includes one of the top 3 worst Offspring songs ever, So Alone. Personal taste, man. Nothing to do with being a self-respecting fan.

Edit: I like Ixnay, Ignition, Self Titled, and RFRG more than Smash. The only one in his list I disagree with is CO1. Maybe their worst album there.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Smash is a good album, but i don't think it's there best one. I think most people put it in there top one or two because it's the album most people heard first or the only one people heard. And i think most people would say that i put RFRG or CO1 to high on my list, but i personally love those album. And it's not like people have to agree with what i say, it's just my opinion. But in the end i love all there albums, even Splinter.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

i still think smash is their best album

1- Ixnay on the Hombre
    2- Smash
    3- Ignition
    4- Americana
    5- Rise and Fall Rage and Grace
    6- Co1/Self-titled
    7- Splinter
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    1- Ixnay on the Hombre
    2- Smash
    3- Ignition
    4- Americana
    5- Rise and Fall Rage and Grace
    6- Co1/Self-titled
    7- Splinter
    Totally saw this coming. ...and with that, this thread becomes yet another "rank the Offspring's albums" thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post

You don't like So Alone? I love that song.

My favorite Offspring album rotates between Smash, Ignition, and Ixnay. Those three, self-titled, and Americana are always in my top 5. On my iPod, almost all the tracks on Smash have over 100 plays and I don't get tired of it. I can listen to Smash and Ignition every other day and love them both.

I still really like CO1, RAFRAG, and Splinter though.

What if so?
    All great geniuses have something wrong with their voice...
    ... just take Stephen Hawking

EDIT: +

I really hate Dexter's vocals in "Self Esteem", "Gotta Get Away" and "Take It Like A Man" (album versions, of course), but most of others are great and hard to repeat in the same key.
    Last edited by DuReX; 12-25-2011 at 03:36 AM.

1 members appreciate this post.

Default Jealous. Much?

This guy obviously don't know what his doing, he basically gave out poor criticism to Dexters voice. Don't judge A book by it's cover. Get to know that person well enough at first, then give out some more valid/constructive opinion. Plus, he just did it for the Pretty Fly song and whatevers!
    Last edited by Dulce; 12-01-2012 at 03:19 AM.