Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For how long have you been here?

Default For how long have you been here?

& I want to hear stories; how you got to join the forums, what you were like back then, if you've "changed" over time as a person & as a poster, or if you're still the same, what your funniest moments were on here, if there was ever a sad moment you spent on here... tell me all about it!

I joined the forums when I was 17. I'm 24 now, so you do the math. I was at a friend's place & he was browsing the bbs & showing it to me. it was still the red & white board. I thought it was geeky & ridiculous, but he told me stories about people. about Linda, about Sunny, about Vicky, about Tizz, about Gem & I don't remember who else... it never occured to me till now he only told me stories about chicks on here. ;p while on the phone a few weeks later, or so, he asked if he could make an account for me on the bbs. he asked which name I wanted as my username & I picked "joy", because I thought it suited me. to make it extra bouncy & for aesthetic reasons, I asked him to capitalise the "J" & the "Y", so the two letters would capture the small "o" in the middle. it sounded like a great idea at the time.

aside from the fact I was incredibly immature when I first joined, I haven't really changed much as a person, although the entire bbs has witnessed how my life was turned upside down at one point, less than a year after I joined. when I'd just turned 18, these forums were like a faithful loyal friend to me, but at the same time hosted a few folks that managed to hurt me very deeply. some people were nice to me, supported me & encouraged me, which, weird as it is, I will never forget. it's weird, because I'm not really cut out for this online bullshit.

the Amsterdam meet-up, with all the inside jokes & stupidity evolving around it, I will definitely never forget. those were definitely the funniest moments I've had on here.

although I said I don't think I changed as a person, I think I changed a lot as a poster. when I look back at old posts of mine in the archives, I see I wasn't really serious about anything & I was so incredibly bouncy. my posts were short, contained lots of smileys if I remember correctly & were ridiculously happy most of the times.

your turn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

I first joined in early 05. I'm 19 now and don't feel like doing the math. When I first got here, I was annoying and stupid. Like, I have a REALLY hard time looking at my old posts because of how I'm not even close to the same person. I noticed that change in myself a few days before creating my new account. Overall, it seems to have been a generally good move to change accounts. As some of you remember, my behavior was somewhat along the lines of Bipolar Bear's a few months ago. I don't think it took me long to change, though, and since I stopped being, well, annoying, I really feel like my time spent here has had a giant boost in quality and enjoyability. Still, though, if given the opportunity, I'd kick my old self's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Camilamazed Guest

1 members appreciate this post.

I got my fisrt computer late 2001. Evrything was so new to me but either way I would only spend it on Alanis and Offspring websites.

I used to hang around the chatroom a lot, trying to talk to fans although I couldn't speak English well back then. I remember browsing the boards, but did not register. Unfortunately the chatroom died and the only person I remember from the chatroom is UglyElf. Then I had a break and only came back in 2004, after the band played in Brazil.

I think I am still the same person as I used to be, happy and friendly. My English has improved a whole lot and most of it due to the fact that a lot of people were patient to help me here.

The funniest moment I think was a day when everybody stopped being jerks at each other, and there was a topic in which everybody was loving each other. That was silly, but funny. This is something I remember well.

I also remember that I still owe Bella a bottle of Brazilian Pinga!
    Last edited by Camilamazed; 02-26-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camilamazed View Post
    IThe only person I remember from the chatroom is UglyElf. I don't know if the current old users used to hang around the chatroom.
    i came from the chat room era too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Camilamazed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rutegard View Post
    i came from the chat room era too.
    What was your nickname? I used to be AMERICANA (in caps) and used that star and moon avatar.

teehee! I remember you promised that, too! that was so sweet, but really, the promise was so kind in itself.. you owe me nothing. :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

1 members appreciate this post.

tl; dr

What was your nickname? I used to be AMERICANA (in caps) and used that star and moon avatar.
    i'm kinda embarrased of my nickname now but i used to have the blue skull logo.

ok it was Dexter for president! (sometimes with an extra: kill bush, call clinton!) was it back in 01 or 02?
    The Portuguese Chapter:

Camilamazed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rutegard View Post
    i'm kinda embarrased of my nickname now but i used to have the blue skull logo.

ok it was Dexter for president! (sometimes with an extra: kill bush, call clinton!) was it back in 01 or 02?
    Hahaha..That was a very common name. Well, I started in 2001 and it went on in 2002 'till it died. =\

Hahaha..That was a very common name. Well, I started in 2001 and it went on in 2002 'till it died. =\
    just me with that name, so maybe u saw me :] OZZY aahha remember?

edit: good times...
    Last edited by Rutegard; 02-26-2009 at 07:35 AM.
    The Portuguese Chapter: