Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

Default How was your year?

Seen as it's almost the end of the year, how did everyone find it?

For me it was a crazy, mixed year. So many good moments, and some extremely horrible ones.

The best parts:
    • Making two new really great friends!
    • Starting to sell paintings
    • Going back to college

The not so great parts:
    • Getting my heart broken for the first time and letting a guy royally fuck me over and mess me around

Fortunately the better parts outweigh the bad parts. And I hope next year will be even better.

1 members appreciate this post.

Talking

Show me your paintings. Show me them!

It must have been an extrovert asshole!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

So far so good.
    Nothing really good or really bad has happenend yet.
    Turn the lights on.

Same as EarY.

I've never really found the calendar year to be something worth using as a measure - it's arbitrary, and I don't really see January 1 as the start or end of a year. I see the academic year worth counting, or my birthday.

But in this case, since the last Jan 1, my last birthday, and the start of this academic year, life has been interesting. Highs including opening a company and having a successful start to operating my own business, as well as realizing what amazing friends I have... lows include not knowing where my mom is or if she's alive. So... we'll say it's a mix bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

While the 2 years before were really dramatic and life-changing(quitting drinking, finishing school, getting married, having a kid, lol just look how it sounds), this year was more consistent but totally different from anything I've ever done. I found a daily job in February and in September we managed to find a rental apartment where we would be our own(we were living in my grandma's flat until then), now we are planning to buy a car and to find me a better paying job. It is indeed way different from my previous first world problems "to which concert will I go to tonight?", but the more it is hard, the more rewarded and happy I feel from what I have. My daughter is 1 year old now and she's doing great btw
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I've never really found the calendar year to be something worth using as a measure - it's arbitrary, and I don't really see January 1 as the start or end of a year. I see the academic year worth counting, or my birthday.
    This is the first time I've ever even thought about the year from January to December...probably because I started college in January, so it's more of an academic timeline for me. And I usually hate these threads. I'm a hypocrite

I hope things work out with your mom though, that must be a tough situation.

Congrats, dff_punk, can't believe you have a daughter! Hate kids myself, but good luck

This year for me sucked a little bit, both professionally and personally, but I feel like fought through and a laid down a strong foundation for success and things are already getting better.

I dealt with suicide for the first time ever. That's really the worst thing ever. It's not nice to say, but I think dealing with suicide is far worse than dealing with death under any other circumstances. Because it leaves behind many unanswered questions. I'm surprised I got it to where it feels manageable, because it sort of wasn't for a while. I was coming home from work all tired from thinking about it and about work simultaneously.

Work sucked for a while because I had to learn two new positions in less than a year, but I'm finally settled in. And since I get to leave whenever I'm done for the day, I have more free time since I'm quicker.

Um, bed.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Llamas, congrats with your company ! And I also hope you find out about your mom soon...

Dff-Punk, we followed your efforts to get sober and I'm glad your life is now okay

Alison, I'd congratulate you too, but I learnt a few days ago that your dog was named Harley when I saw one of your paintings and I'm not sure what to do with it. I hope it's a great dog, though (no, but seriously good job )

My year was a little weird professionnaly, It was my second year on my own and business definitely increased a lot but I got separated from my partners who decided that I wasn't as important to them as a brand new office. It was difficult but it ended up really ok actually. I learnt a lot about what you need to discuss BEFORE becoming partners. Besides, I met really cool people in my new office so...

Personal life : Good year, nothing to say

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post

Alison, I'd congratulate you too, but I learnt a few days ago that your dog was named Harley when I saw one of your paintings and I'm not sure what to do with it. I hope it's a great dog, though (no, but seriously good job )
    Oh that wasn't my dog...It was an artistic depiction of what I think you'd be as a dog (I can't find a creepy smiley face).

Haha, nah, I painted it for a friend of a friend of their dog!