Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

I hated Snow White and the Huntsman. It just blatantly pandered to girls so much that they even felt Florence & the Machine would suit the closing credits. It felt like a highly condensed Lord of the Rings made for girls. Like if the one ring to rule them all was bought at Claires. And came with a free ear piercing.

This, coming from someone who is no stranger to the chick flick genre. Most rom-coms today have quite a bit of "boyfriend humor" or action shoved in places so that guys can convince themselves that the preview looks funny and don't feel bad shelling out twenty bucks for a movie date.

The new Spider-man movie is pretty decent. I haven't seen the Tobey/Raimi ones in quite a while so I'm lacking a side-by-side comparison, but I don't remember hating the first or second one of those either. It feels a little unnecessary, but who am I to turn down more spidey?

The new Oliver Stone flick, Savages is good, but has a terrible ending. I can't say more without spoiling it, but generally I enjoyed it. I am possibly biased, because I'm pre-disposed to the lovely Blake Lively from closely following her terrible television show. It was also fun to see Kick-ass playing someone else.

Edit: Also, I watched the Royal Tennenbaums because I've never seen any Wes Anderson and it was suggested as a starting point. It was funny, I can dig black comedies. Honestly, I felt like Bill Murray was probably the weakest part of the cast (yes, even moreso than Ben Stiller) which worries me, because the other two that I've got queued up, Rushmore, and the Life Aquatic he figures to be a major factor. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Apathy; 07-16-2012 at 05:08 PM.

"For Your Eyes Only"
    A good Bond film. Nice car chase, awesome ski chase, wicked cool luge/bobsled/motorcycle chase. Good final battle. And more witty remarks from both good and bad guys. But aside from that, it had a pathetic storyline with some meaningless characters and confusing shifts in Bond's opinion of who was right and who was wrong. 5.5/10.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

The Woman in Black. I agreed to watch it without knowing what it was, and it being a horror/thriller film and me hating horror films, I did not enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, it was a good film, but I get so tired sitting there anxiously waiting to be scared or jump. When I watch films I prefer to be able to relax or be entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I watched The Mist again last night. Awesome ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Saw The Amazing Spider-Man last week. Really good. About what I was expecting. I knew the director from his music video work as well as his debut film, 500 days of summer, which I loved. That combined with the great cast made it so that the only thing to worry about was the story, which was really well done.

Orange County (2002) 7/10 I thought it was going to suck but it was actually not that bad of a movie and pretty funny in some parts, but i don't think Tom Hanks son is a good actor (star of the movie) or that funny but Jack Black was spot on. Oh and "Defy you" is in the movie!

From IMDB: A guidance counselor mistakenly sends out the wrong transcripts to Stanford University under the name of an over-achieving high schooler.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

Few days ago I watched Lockout.

The Dark Knight Rises 8/10

minor spoilers ahead, nothing major

I really enjoyed this movie. I was very engrossed in the plot, Christian Bale was actually much better in this movie as Bruce Wayne/Batman (his Bruce Wayne/Batman always bugged, and not just the voice either, though that is back in full swing too), and the supporting characters were pretty cool, in particular John Blake, Selina Kyle and Bane were really good. In my humble opinion, Joseph Gordon-Levitt stole the show with his character and he's easily becoming one of my favorite actors in Hollywood right now. While a lot of people are criticizing her part, Anne Hathaway did a decent job as Catwoman, though I will concede that their were actresses better suited for the part. Still, she wasn't bad. Bane was great. I've heard a lot of people criticizing his voice, saying it really didn't suit the character, but I loved it. It had a deep Sean Connery type of accent which made the character more sophisticated. My only really big complaint about this movie is the plot, which I already said was really engrossing, but it seemed more like a sequel to the first movie rather than The Dark Knight. The movie takes place 8 years after the events in The Dark Knight and all the affect that movie has on the plot is A) Batman is a retired recluse and B) Harvey Dent's death left a positive mark on the city and the city is now a pleasant place to be. Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Shadows from the first film are back, but are more of a plot device. Bane is a former member of the League of Shadows and there is also more, but I don't want to give anything away. I feel a little bit upset that they recycled this rather than moving on to something different, but it all makes sense in the end, which is why I still enjoyed this movie. People will get super fucking nit-picky about this movie, but as a whole, it's a satisfying conclusion. There is nothing really to hate here, but possibly be annoyed by if you are a nit-picky person and really loved the Dark Knight. My only other nit-pick about this movie is, out of all the villains from the previous movies that are referenced, They don't freaking mention the Joker. Not even a throwaway line about how the Joker affected Batman, but I suppose that's for the better I guess.

I also saw Ted last night/this morning. 7/10. Funny movie, really good jokes. Overall plot makes sense and is an enjoyable film to watch.
    Last edited by Outerspaceman21; 07-25-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Spoilers maybe:

My dislike for the movie has very little to do with comic book nitpicking and a whole lot more to do with it being a subpar movie. My major complaints are that there was 20 minutes of Batman in a near 3 hour Batman movie and that while so much stuff happens, none of it was provoking or worthwhile, it was a whole lot of nothing.

I'll get into it more when I get home and don't have to use my iPod.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Spoilers maybe:

My dislike for the movie has very little to do with comic book nitpicking and a whole lot more to do with it being a subpar movie. My major complaints are that there was 20 minutes of Batman in a near 3 hour Batman movie and that while so much stuff happens, none of it was provoking or worthwhile, it was a whole lot of nothing.

I'll get into it more when I get home and don't have to use my iPod.
    That's a fair point. I remember one reviewer (can't remember who) said it was more of an ensemble piece rather than a Batman movie.