Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Django Unchained is what I always dreamed a Quentin Tarantino movie could be. I don't dislike his films, but I was never a huge fan. I like his over the top ridiculousness, his strange sense of humor, and a lot of his stylistic and artistic choices but nothing ever really clicked quite like this movie.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Jurassic Park is on!!!!!!!!!!! This movie is the root of my love of dinosaurs, though they fucked up the look and size of the veliciraptors by making them the size of deinonychus and not giving them feathers.

The dinosaurs seemed a lot less animatronic when I was a kid, but, that's growing up for ya.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 01-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Just come back from seeing The Impossible.

Holy shit, bits were intense! It was quite a tear-jerker, and quite hard to watch at times, but it was good.

The other night I saw a movie that heard good reviews for a while back. For the love god, DO NOT...I repeat...do not ever, ever, ever, ever, ever watch the fucking dumbest movie ever...The HUNGER GAMES. Holy shit, I would rather run my nuts through a god damn wood chipper than watch that ever again. Fucking horrible.

Jack Reacher

I went in with really low expectations...but, it was actually kind of funny. I don't know if it was supposed to be so bad, but that made it kinda good.

And although not a film, I've spent the last few days watching all the episodes of Love/Hate, which is pretty great.

Flight 4/10

denzel washington is a great actor but this movie wasn't very good

I've seen several movies semi-recently.

The Hobbit

Let's get one thing straight: the book The Hobbit sucks. It's meant for kids. Bilbo and the dwarves go on a hike, face dangers, and keep on getting conveniently rescued by Gandalf, and that's it. There's just nothing more to the plot than that, but Tolkien writes in an enjoyable style of prose, so it's bearable despite the lack of a plot. When they made the movie, and announced that they were dividing it into three parts, I kinda said WTF because I knew that nothing would really happen in the movies. With all that, I still saw it. It WAS kind of boring. Nothing much happened in it. But given that (a) it's an uneventful kids' story anyway, and (b) I already knew that they made the decision to split it into a trilogy, they pretty much made the best movie they could under those conditions. Great visual experience and Freeman is a perfect Bilbo. For a movie in which nothing happens, it was pretty good.

Flight

Started out incredibly promising. The actual crash scene was fantastic; could not have been better. Unfortunately, plot-wise, after that it just devolved into every other movie with an alcoholic protagonist ever. Also, one of the central characters turned out to be completely unnecessary at the end. I will compliment the direction, but I think it was a weak script. This movie also had the most well-designed set that I've seen in a while. A lot of it takes place in Denzel's father's old house, where he now lives, and there was incredible attention to detail in that house. I especially loved all of the new electronics piled on top of the old electronics.

Promised Land

It was shit. Matt Damon used to be one of my favorite actors, but he's kind of sucked for a while now. I was slightly hopeful upon seeing that he was doing a movie with Van Sant, writing the script, and getting away from the forgettable action movies he's been doing for way too long. I think he's much better suited to character dramas. But the result was very disappointing. The audience has nothing to root for in this movie. I think we're supposed to root for Damon on an inner, personal level, despite his actions being wrong, but he makes his character into a dick most of the time. His interactions with the people in the town weren't believable in the slightest. Then we have John Krasinski (who also co-wrote the script), who's famous for playing probably the most "likable" TV character ever, playing the cool, charismatic environmentalist. I do think he has a future in film, but this kind of thing ain't it, and judging from the quality of this turkey, writing probably ain't it either. Finally, there's a really bizarre ill-fitting plot twist that makes the movie's situation overspecific, discrediting any kind of commentary it could have made about the real-life environmental practices that it portrays.

Django Unchained

Without a doubt the most fun I've had seeing a movie this year. I was just smiling, laughing, or going "OH SHIT" in my mind for every second. Samuel L. Jackson had me almost in tears a few times. I judge movies as much by how I feel about them post-viewing as I do by my viewing experience, though. I still think it was really good and one of the best movies I've seen in a while, but I do think that it might have been better suited by making the character Django a little bit more human. It's necessary for him to be a total over-the-top badass fighter, but a little extra dialogue and some changes to his actions at the end of the movie wouldn't have hurt. Brooding, angry, silent, noir-y protagonists are really getting to be quite a trend lately.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

God I love that movie

The Dark Knight Rises......Finally saw it and loved it! The second of the Christian Bale Batman movies, The Dark Knight, is still my favorite though.

Life of Pi

Went to see it last night in 3D. Although I usually hate 3D, I thought this was great, cause it was all about the visuals. Although it got a slight bit boring at the end, the CGI and the effects were amazing. The CGI was the best I've ever seen I'd say, and overall the film was really beautiful. I didn't really like the whole religious aspect, but it was only a small part, so it wasn't a big deal.
    Definitely a film to see in the cinema anyway.

Gangster Squad
    The start was kind of boring, and some scenes were a bit underwhelming, I thought, but it got better towards the end and Ryan Gosling is hot, so it's all good.