Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Iron Man 3

Wait, people enjoyed this? How? The technology was way too much in this one. Extremis made all of the battle scenes long and boring to watch, and also a million fucking suits are flying around at any given moment so that you have no idea what's going on. Cheadle is underutilized. JARVIS comes off as basically 100% human because his lines are lazily written. Downey is still charismatic, sure, but he's the only redeeming factor in the movie. Pearce was just OK as a villain, and that kid was a terrible actor. And that bar fight with the woman was the most ridiculous fight scene I've seen in any recent movie not called "Machete" or "Shoot 'Em Up." I actually laughed out loud at one point during that scene.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Iron Man 3

A return to form after the disappointing 2nd. And shockingly, RDJ isn't even the best thing in it; Ben Kingsley blows him away with that performance.

Star Trek Into the Darkness

Loved it. More action than perhaps you would expect from a Trek venture and it was all awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Thought Iron Man 3 was okay, mostly for the kids terrible acting and the cheesy one liners. It's very forgettable.

Thought Star Trek was pretty excellent, I really liked Benedict Cumberbatch, I hope he gets a lot of roles.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Flight 6/10. Dezel Washington did such a good job, he played the part really well. I was hoping the ending was different, but overall I enjoyed it. It was a little depressing but still good.

Lincoln 7/10. It was very well done. It was very interesting to see the difference between the democrats and republicans back then. I kept thinking what if they came back to life and saw how different the parties are now what would they think. It was such a good history movie. The only thing I wish they did was do the assassination, it didn't do anything.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 05-28-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Step Brothers

It was good. Not Ferrel's best work, though John C. Riley was pretty good in it.

The Hunter

Great stuff; Sam Neil in particular was a pleasant surprise to see in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Killer Joe

Meh. It had moments, I guess. Juno Temple was sort of hot and disturbing at the same time, so that was a thing.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Django Unchained 10/10. Just pure fucking awesomeness, I mean Quentin Tarantino made it so of course it wasn't going to suck. I do have to say my favorite parts were the shoot outs, it's Quentin just love how he does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Django Unchained 10/10. Just pure fucking awesomeness, I mean Quentin Tarantino made it so of course it wasn't going to suck. I do have to say my favorite parts were the shoot outs, it's Quentin just love how he does it.
    I watched that movie for the first time recently I would give it a 6.5/10 definitely better than his last movie Inglourious Basterds

Gangster Squad 7/10.