Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Pff and you claim to be a chick. Next you'll say you don't find Sex and the City 2 liberating, or that the negroes don't enjoy watermelons and dancing the charleston.
    I am a chick! And actually I haven't seen Sex And The City 2.

Poor research, guy. Poor research.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I finally watched Polisse, which is a french movie that everybody was talking about for a while.

So it's the movie about the Police and more precisely the Department taking care of children problems, usually mistreated kids.

I didn't want to watch it because I have a real problem with movies about justice because it usually butchers reality and procedure.

Well... I was wrong, that is one good movie. And quite realistic too... (although obviously made before lawyers had access).

Storyline :
    The daily grind for the cops of the Police Department's Juvenile Protection Unit - taking in child molesters, busting underage pickpockets and chewing over relationship issues at lunch; interrogating abusive parents, taking statements from children, confronting the excesses of teen sexuality, enjoying solidarity with colleagues and laughing uncontrollably at the most unthinkable moments. Knowing the worst exists and living with it. How do these cops balance their private lives and the reality they confront every working day? Fred, the group's hypersensitive wild card, is going to have a hard time facing the scrutiny of Melissa, a photographer on a Ministry of the Interior assignment to document the unit.

Also, the actors are basically excellent, especially Karine Viard and Sandrine Kiberlaim, who has a small role but plays it extremely well.. There are also people known for comedy who delivers a very good performance, such as Marina Fois.

But I admit the true surprise (and one of the reason I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it) is Joey Starr, who is IRL a rapper, who had trouble with justice, ironically. He managed to make me cry...

Anyway, good movie. If you can watch it, you should.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Went to see Elysium last night.

Really really enjoyed it. It was a bit slow to start off, but once it did, it was great. Aspects of it were very like District 9 - some of the fighting scenes had the same feel, and the general landscape looked really similar. Very good film though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Went to see Elysium last night.

Really really enjoyed it. It was a bit slow to start off, but once it did, it was great. Aspects of it were very like District 9 - some of the fighting scenes had the same feel, and the general landscape looked really similar. Very good film though.
    I liked how all the villains were motivated by their own pure evilness and one dimensionality.

Or how Matt Damon's character was inspired by cardbooard.

Elysium was District 9 without the charm, humor, or character development. (We learned EVERYTHING about Wikus, whereas IM MATT DAMON. I WANT TO GO TO ELYSIUM. THATS LITERALLY MY MOTIVATION FOR EVERY ACTION SINCE CHILDHOOD.)

Okay, SPOILER ALERT
    Those hospital ships were just sitting there for the entire movie. Right? Whats up with that?

Oh and the mindhacking stuff made no sense. Or why did the South Africans stay anywhere near their insane mercenary leader? What was up with Spider's seemingly endless amount of resources and spaceships?

Once the prettiness wore off and they stopped world-building and started plot-building, thats where the movie falls apart.

This movie deserves our scorn alone.

I liked how all the villains were motivated by their own pure evilness and one dimensionality.

Or how Matt Damon's character was inspired by cardbooard.

Elysium was District 9 without the charm, humor, or character development. (We learned EVERYTHING about Wikus, whereas IM MATT DAMON. I WANT TO GO TO ELYSIUM. THATS LITERALLY MY MOTIVATION FOR EVERY ACTION SINCE CHILDHOOD.)

Okay, SPOILER ALERT
    Those hospital ships were just sitting there for the entire movie. Right? Whats up with that?

Oh and the mindhacking stuff made no sense. Or why did the South Africans stay anywhere near their insane mercenary leader? What was up with Spider's seemingly endless amount of resources and spaceships?

Once the prettiness wore off and they stopped world-building and started plot-building, thats where the movie falls apart.

This movie deserves our scorn alone.
    I can't disagree with anything there....but I still liked it

I liked it more for the action and the effects. The storyline wasn't exactly great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I can't disagree with anything there....but I still liked it

I liked it more for the action and the effects. The storyline wasn't exactly great.
    Oh... Well.. You should see Man of Steel and Star Trek: Into Darkness. They have all of that plus a story! (And characters!)

Oh... Well.. You should see Man of Steel and Star Trek: Into Darkness. They have all of that plus a story! (And characters!)
    Man of Steel was great. I'm just a complete sucker for anything dystopian, so that's why I liked Elysium.

A friend of my came over and we watched a bunch of movies...
    Avengers
    Thor
    Sons of Anarchy

a different day.....

Mercury Rising
    Tears of the Sun
    Dahmer
    Ted Bundy
    The factory
    A dark truth.
    Trailor Park Boys
    God Bless America

I've never seen so many dead bodies before. But out of all of these movies, Tears of the sun was the Best!! I normally don't like to watch war movies but I made an exception for Tears of the Sun and I'm glad I did because it was a great movie.

Scary Movie 5. 5/10. Pretty much just like all the other ones. Funny and some parts were fucked up but overall I enjoyed it for the laughs.