Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Star Wars Return of the Jedi 10/10

they were showing this on spike tv a few weeks ago haven't seen it in about 15 years

The most recent movie I saw was Crossroads from 2002 with Britney Spears. It was awful, but not nearly as awful as I had expected. (She was ridiculously hot back then which was also a bonus.) the best part was how much it focused on rock vs. pop. Which back then was THE musical debate. (Along with how awesome nu-metal is, which this movie didn't address.)

This movie was mostly annoying and tedious, but in none of the ways I expected. Also it was predictable, but not as predictable as expected.

In all seriousness, if you have any expectations when watching this movie it will seriously disappoint you because the writers had no idea who their target audience was. Best to watch it with very low or no expectations.

So yeah, I'm ready for the next episode of How Did This Get Made.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I wonder if anyone went to see Crossroads with high expectations ...

Last movie I saw was The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug.

I was actually brought to a Hobbit night against my will ("We already bought the rickets so you have to come").

I didn't realize we were going to watch the 2 movies. 6 hours of film on a Tuesday night. That was... something... Anyway. I still don't think the first one is really good. It's long and a little bit boring. Too childish too...

The 2nd one, however, was much better. The scene between Gandalf and Sauron is great and a little bit scary. I loved the fight in the river and... oh... the dragon. The dragon is absolutely amazing.

Now, I can't wait for the 3rd one...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Also it was predictable, but not as predictable as expected.
    So you predicted that it would be predictable but it was predictably less predictable than you had predicted?

That's a real mouthful of dicks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I was actually brought to a Hobbit night against my will
    Hobbit rape?

I'm glad everyone is saying this one is a lot better because the first one really was a bit shit. And by that I mean really quite shit. There's one scene where you can see the set wobble when one of the actors leans against it. And it's meant to be the wall of a cave. Though I could accept that if it wasn't so awfully childish, repetitive and boring. I know it's based on a children's book but The Hobbit is, in my opinion, a much better book than The Lord Of The Rings so I had some hopes for the films.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Something Borrowed. 6/10. It's just a really cute chic flick. Every once in awhile I like to watch a girly movie.

Gangster Squad. God I love noir stuff. This was pretty great.

Noir is great indeed. I bet it's an exceedingly fun genre to work in. I need to watch L.A Confidential again soon.

Last movie I watched was Bad Santa because my housemate had never seen it. It actually didn't seem as good as I remembered. I guess the shock value counted for more when I was younger. We also watched Waiting because, again, he hadn't seen it. That, thankfully, was as good as I remembered. Great movie.

Before that I watched Primer. I really don't know what to say about Primer.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 12-23-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Bad Santa's pretty rad. I watched about half of Jingle All The Way randomly on TV last night. Bwaha, still hilarious. "Ahm nut a peeehhveeerrtt!" - "Put da cookie DAHN!"

Oh, Ahnuld.

Oh yeah, I watched Arnie's "comeback" film pretty recently. Can't even remember what it was called. I feel bad panning it because I sort of like what they were trying to do. I'm just not sure it's possible to really do what they were trying to do.

Luis Guzman was probably the highlight of the film and as much as I like Luis Guzman if he's the highlight of an Arnie flick something's gone horribly wrong.

Oh, and I watched Prometheus at some point. Excellent first half. I loved the visual style of the film. Shame it lost its way. And a shame the studio wouldn't let Scott just use the traditional xenomorph from the original Alien. I get the feeling this could have been a modern classic if it weren't for studio meddling in the creative process.

Oh, The Last Stand. That was actually great, surprised me how much of a solid throwback to 80s/90s classic flicks it was. It's cool how he's going a little more Stallone in terms of embracing his ageing, and not trying to do, like, Commando type of stuff again, it's a little more acceptable.

Although, shit, he's doing both another Conan and Terminator movie, so I guess that shoots that to hell.

Oh, and fuck Prometheus. That wasn't Fox meddling with the movie, they've actually turned around big time since Rothman left. That movie blew due to Lindelof writing it, and Scott being really hit-and-miss these days.