Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

But not the director/producer/overall production boss, it seems.

Their stories are apparently contradictory. They can't both be true. Believe whoever you wish. I really don't care.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Translation: "Ridley Scott's full of shit about his own movie."

He would have motivation to lie. What motive would the writer have?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Motivation to lie? What the nipples?

Must I really explain that further?

The writer and the director are telling contradictory tales. One of them, presumably, is lying. How do you go about deciding which one? You look for motive.

I really can't be bothered to hold your hand any longer but since the rest is largely about making assumptions I'm sure you'll have no problem leaping to conclusions. I don't care which you land on.

I get what you're getting at. But what fucking motivation does Ridley (motherfucking) Scott have to say "I decided to change it from an Alien prequel to something more its own thing" when he didn't? He's not a guy that's still in a position where he has to please a studio and kiss their ass, take a hit and make them look good. The guy's had final cut for, what, 35 years? The studio's fellating him at this point.

Lindelof's far more likely to be someone with questionable credibility about a production than Scott, especially seeing as it's all out of his hand once the script's turned in, and he might not like decisions that were made after the fact. If they even were.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Lindelof's far more likely to be someone with questionable credibility about a production than Scott, especially seeing as it's all out of his hand once the script's turned in, and he might not like decisions that were made after the fact. If they even were.
    We're not talking about Lindelof. He was the one who actually wrote the final version. We're talking about the guy who wrote the original. He's the guy claiming the studio was behind the decision. What reason could he have for saying this if in fact it was Scott's decision? I'm not saying there isn't one. I'm only saying I honestly can't think of one right now. Perhaps you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    He's not a guy that's still in a position where he has to please a studio and kiss their ass, take a hit and make them look good.
    I'm not so sure. From what I've read the studio were going to back out if the changes were not made. Scott would then have to decide between making the changes or scrapping the film. He chose to make the changes even though he didn't really want to. He won't ever put it like that because it could hurt his reputation, the very reputation you yourself just mentioned. You'd want to protect a reputation like that. That's my guess.

It is just a guess. It's ok for us to disagree. There's no right or wrong answer here. The only solid fact is that the original writer and the director are saying two entirely different things and both cannot be true. So, like I said before, you can believe whichever one you like. Just don't act like I'm pulling my opinion entirely out of my ass. I provided evidence.

I just...Jesus. The idea that a (struggling at the time) 20th Century Fox would do anything to jeopardize getting Ridley Scott back doing a big, old-fashioned space epic for them is so retarded I'm not really sure how to respond.

It's not like the movie (however it may have turned out) was a big deal for them or anything.

You have a deep pathological need to vehemently disagree with anything anyone says. Whatever man, that's cool. Moving on now...

I love this movie. Night of the Demon, made in 1957. A horror classic. Watch it alone with the lights off and it still works now as well as it did 60 years ago. That's impressive.