Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Man of Steel - Sort of an interesting take on Superman, I guess. Still really have no interest in that character.

Elysium - Not bad. A bit hollow. Instantly forgettable.

Walter Mitty - I just finished streaming it while my flatmate and his girlfriend are at the cinema paying to watch it. I literally only watched this crap for the pleasure of telling them I watched it for free when they walk in.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Wolf of Wall Street - Scorsese all the way. Loved it. Doesn't hurt that the screenplay was written by Terrence Winter, the man behind Boardwalk Empire. And of course Leo is his usual talented self. Good stuff.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Stir Of Echoes 7/10. I really liked Kevin Bacon's performance. Some parts were creepy but it kept me thinking what's going to happen next.

American Hustle - I think that's the best performance from Jeremy Renner I've ever seen. Certainly the first time he's ever made me care about his character. Nice performance from Bale too, a guy who sometimes seems to try a bit too hard. Though I can't buy that Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were fighting over this overweight comb-over schmuck. Lawrence and Adams were both solid and beautiful as ever and I pretty much always like Bradley Cooper so that's all good. Interesting to see Louis C.K in there. It didn't end quite the way I would have wanted but still a solid film throughout.

As much as Three Kings is awesomesauce, I pretty much don't watch Russell's movies anymore just on principle. Guy's the Grand Poobah of douchery.

Elysium was okay, yeah, a little disappointing to me. Since D9 was ridiculously amazing. The follow-up just felt really heavy-handed and tactless with the politics, and a little more consciously action-y to bring in the dough.

Uhm, as for Man of Steel, it's not the character's fault that movie's a steaming pile of Smaug-the-Dragon-shit. Maybe blame the director and WB having no idea what they're doing outside of their animation department. Snyder's movies are generally fun, but they fucked it all over by giving him the gig.

I generally dislike Snyder. If I remember correctly the Dawn of the Dead remake was his first major film and I fucking loved it so hard. Then he's really done nothing but graphic-novel shit I couldn't care less about.

Basically agree about Elysium and that Three Kings is awesome. It might even be my favourite war film and just generally one of my favourite films.

I took a break from watching this year's Oscar contenders to watch last year's Best Picture, Argo. I don't really have anything to say about it other than it was solid. And it's weird but quite amusing how so many people refuse to take Ben Affleck seriously no matter what he does.

Memento 5/10. It was kinda hard to follow and you really had to pay attention. It was just weird, maybe if I watch again I might understand it better.

You're Next. 7/10. Good bloody suspension movie. The end was a good twist and it started to make more sense. I would see this movie again.

Saw Wolf of Wall Street last night. I wasn't sure what to expect, and I didn't expect to like it, but shit, it was good. Worth sitting in uncomfortable cinema seats for 3 hours.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit 4/10

This was a pretty mediocre film