Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Inside Llewyn Davis 6/10. Some parts were a little slow and it seemed to drag on but overall it was alright. Think I might have to see it again.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 7/10

I thought it was good. I think because of how fast they rebooted this franchise, people still aren't past Sam Raimi's Spiderman. I, personally, don't let that bother me. I can still enjoy this movie for what it is.

Visually speaking, the CGI and cinematography were fun to watch. The actors all played their parts really well and I was really drawn in by the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield. Garfield has absolutely sold me as Spider-Man. While his Peter Parker is okay, he totally captures the wise ass that is Spider-Man. The Villains were well portrayed (SPOILER:Rhino has like two scenes, he's hardly in the movie, it's pretty much Electro and Green Goblin with the Rhino being thrown into to tease a sinister six movie) That being said, I really liked Jamie Foxx and Dane Dehaan in this movie. I thought they were good.

As far as the story was concerned, it was nothing special. I think that was the weakest aspect of it which I feel is what most people will have a problem with. It wasn't bad, but it didn't blow me out of the park which is what some people wanted from this movie. I think if your expecting this to be way better than first one, you're gonna be disappointed. All in all, it was a fun movie with good acting and visuals, and if you can appreciate for that than you'll like it.
    Last edited by Outerspaceman21; 05-02-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Devil's Due 6/10. Slow starting at first but it picked up, it was a lot of the Paranormal Activity movies scenes. Parts were creepy but it wasn't scary.

The Amazing Spiderman 2

This movie is definitely not amazing but it is better than the first one from 2012 5/10

1 members appreciate this post.

Holy shit this was great.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Godzilla 7/10

A lot better than the terrible movie from 1998

I just saw Captain America 2. It fucking sucks. Let me explain.

For the first 2 hours (and this pointless collection of scenes is PREPOSTEROUSLY long) I was willing to just try and have a good time. Captain America is a fun character, and the fight scenes are excellent.

Unfortunately the plotty is shitty, convoluted and utterly forgettable. I couldn't begin telling you the plot (don't worry, the movie constantly tells you while you're watching.)

Half the movie feels like a shoe-in for a new character from some marvel based tv show I don't watch or care about. (DID YOU WANT TO SEE CAPTAIN AMERICA? WELL ENJOY 3 HOURS OF BIRDMAN!)

The worst part is they called it the Winter Soldier, so you know Cap has to fight him in the end. You can feel your brain ticking off the logic steps it will take to get to that fight and you realize 'fuck we're two hours into this shitty movie, and there's a good half hour of bs until the end.'

I'm so tempted to spoil it right now, but I won't. Let me just say there is a completely irrelevant 'reveal' about the Winter Soldier that never becomes...well... relevant.

The story-telling behind this movie felt like a breathless kid re-telling a crazy story 'And then, and then, and then, and then'.

So if you like feeling bored and impatient, this movie is for you.

P.s. Marvel action spectacles are right up my alley. I've liked nearly every other marvel movie I've seen. In fact I only hated one other one. Thor 2 was a shitty movie, this is waaaay fucking worse. Watch the first Cap movie instead.

P.p.s. Is Falcon from Agents of Shield? He felt so hamfisted as a characer in this movie. Fuck this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

X-Men: Days of Future Past 7/10

Pretty good movie would definitely recommend it if you like any of the other ones