Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Salvation Boulevard 2/10

Mediocre and pretty dull, but a nice (and promising) cast: Pierce Brosnan, Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly ...
    It actually started off pretty good but after half an hour or so it lost it's way completely - real shame.
    Last edited by samseby; 03-28-2012 at 05:34 AM.

War Horse

It was a decent adaptation of the play; not exactly Spielberg's best work, but he was certainly in his element during the larger battle scenes. Supporting cast in particular were great.

[Hard Boiled

John Woo's HK films are so much fun. That hospital shoot out scene is damn near perfect, especially that long tracking shot. He needs to go back to making films like this and spend less time making ones like "Paycheck".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

David Fincher's "The game"! I have seen it 3 times and every time it makes me excited. 10/10
    Enslave my mind...

The Tower Heist...Pretty good movie

Cashback 9/10

Loved this movie. So good.

I've watched quite a few movies lately.

Valkyrie: 7/10
    I hate Tom Cruise, but I tried to put that aside. I LOVE WWII-era films, and I've seen a bunch of German ones, but this was the first Hollywood one I watched. And it was pretty awful. I guess I shouldn't watch Hollywood versions of historical European events. I'll leave Hollywood to comedies and dramas.

The Change-Up: 7.5/10
    I like Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman... and Olivia Wilde is pretty damn hot. The part I enjoyed the most about this movie was that the guy realized he loved his wife and didn't cheat on her even though he agreed it wouldn't actually be cheating if he wasn't in his own body. The reason that was my favorite part was because the movie was pretty bad. Freaky Friday and Big are much better for this type of film.

Juno: 9.5/10
    LOVED this film!! I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner! Oh my god, I loved everything about it. The acting was phenomenal, the characters, the story, the directing, the production... Michael Cera and Ellen Page were awesome. Holy crap, I really loved this movie.

Crazy Stupid Love: 8/10
    I liked this one, despite it being sort of a rom-com. Steve Carrell is really not that great of an actor, but I like the characters he plays. And Ryan Gosling was incredible. That is one gorgeous man. Overall, it was a really nice story, well directed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Igby Goes Down - not a masterpiece I guess, but it was really nice to watch, wasn't boring and Kevin played very well, so 8/10

Shame - well made, well told story, well shown addiction, not too long, concrete, bitter, I liked it 9/10

Loom - short film about a spider killing moth or a butterfly, I'm not sure. Very well animated, I'm glad that people do little masterpieces about things like that. 9/10

True Romance

Gary Oldman only gets like 6 minutes of screen time, but he manages to easily steal the show. The movie as a whole is pretty fun: love the Tarantino signature "mexican standoff" part.

The New World

Like all Malleck's other work, the cinematography is fucking gorgeous. Great movie too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Paranormal Activity. Alright, but not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.

Exam 8/10

Good movie. Very tense, well paced. Characters are well developed.