Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Savages

I think this is the first Oliver Stone movie that I quite enjoyed.

Bits of the story were a bit too "hippie-ish" for my taste, but overall it was a lot of fun; Del Toro was awesome. Its style/astheti reminded me a lot of a Tony Scott movie.

Dark Knight Rises

I loved it: probably my favorite of Nolan's trilogy.

Not sure where to begin really: all the callbacks to the previous two films were outstanding: it really felt like a satisfactory conclusion to the storyarch. I loved the scale of it: it seemed almost like a Bond movie at times (plane part of the intro).

Tom Hardy's performance of Bane was phenomenal, and dare I say, it is at least on par with Ledger's joker. At times Bane was absolutely terrifying/intimidating but he had personality, he wasn't just this thug, he had a quick wit (ie his lines during the stock exchange scenes); he was quite literally the anti-Batman. And his accent was perfect.

There really wasn't a weak performance from the rest of the cast either, JGL was tight as always, Hathaway totally won me mover too (i was dreading watching her: she's been absolutely unlikeable in just about every other movie she's acted in): but Michael Caine as Alfred was by far the best acting of the entire trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Kick-Ass 3.5/10

Not my cup of tea at all. Storyline? Pretty flat if you ask me and way, way too cliché-ridden. Other than that not much too say.

Savages 4/10

it was ok i guess maybe worth a rental

The Watch 6/10

i enjoyed it better then savages not all the funny parts are in the commercial which is good

Piranha DD 3/10: Falls in the so bad it's good category all the movie about is tits and killing.

The Fifth Element 7/10: Not a bad movie, and i enjoyed Bruce Willis kicking ass.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

Moonrise Kingdom 3/10

Wes Anderson seriously needs someone to pull the giant Wes Anderson out of his ass.

Still haven't seen Dark Knight Rises or Savages. Definitely want to see both.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Moonrise Kingdom 3/10
    I think you forgot the other half of the 8 there.
    * !

I tried, man. I really tried to get into it. I enjoyed Royal Tenenbaums quite a bit, but I could never get into most of Anderson's other films. This one in particular, I couldn't find the reason to the rhyme. I appreciated that it had a great setting that could have made for an interesting look at a bunch of heavily isolated individuals, but I couldn't connect with anyone and none of the characters, or their relationships with one another, really meant anything to me. I just couldn't make myself care.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

The Bourne Legacy 3/10

it's pretty pathetic they keep making these movies without matt damon it was not good and im glad i didn't pay to see it

Lockout 7/10

Not as bad as Critical reviews made it out to be. Story was a bit formulaic, but Guy Pierce's performance is what saves the film. All in all, a very fun sci-fi/action film with a great smart ass lead character.

The Bourne Legacy: 7/10

Pretty much what I expected. Loads of action. Nothing remarkable. It was worth my ten bucks. I wouldn't nominate it for any awards or anything but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a male teenager. It's my kind of movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."