Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Yeah, I was a little underwhelmed by Shadow Recruit too. It doesn't suck or anything, and it's actually kinda "decent", it's made well and gets the job done. Branagh rocks, as always, as the villain. It was all just disappointingly formulaic, starting out pretty well and then just devolving into some really predictable Bourne knock-off.

I caught a pre-screener for Robocop last night. Fuck the world. Fuckin'...fuck. Fuckity fuck.

Could tell it would blow, from the trailers and commercials, but still. Aside from Keaton, what a steaming pile of Cthulhu shit. Even Omar from The Wire was lame. Nope, director & producer guys, you don't get it. Didn't think so.

Assclowns. Just felt like such a cynical, played-straight, made-for-the-hell-of-it Iron Man cash-in. No black humor or ballsiness in sight. I don't even care that it's PG-13, the ultra-violence isn't what made Verhoeven's movie awesome.

Just saw American Hustle. I had gone in expecting not to like it (thought I was saying yes to a different movie.) I loved it. Fun fucking ride all the way through. Solid performances, and they nailed the gross 70's look. Fantastic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Saw American Hustle last week it was pretty entertaining 8/10

2 Guns 7/10. I thought that Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg did an awesome job together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    2 Guns 7/10. I thought that Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg did an awesome job together.
    I saw that last year I would give it a 7/10 also

6 Souls. 6/10. Pretty good movie, decent mind fuck movie with some creepy and disturbing parts.

Monuments Men 7/10. I liked it. I learned more about the art stealing, it was informing. George Clooney, John Goodman, Bill Murray, Matt Damon did very good acting.

The Monuments Men 1/10

I thought it was a long boring nothing happening movie

I was forced to watch 21 Jump Street and was pretty much shocked to find it highly enjoyable. The laughs dropped off in act 3 but still a surprisingly good comedy.

As I type this I am halfway through watching The Godfather for the first time. It's good, obviously, but I don't know if I could sit through the full three hours without surfing the internet on the side. I really just needed something to keep me going until the next season of Boardwalk Empire.

Oh, hey, finally some boobies in The Godfather. Sort of weird, but still, boobies.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I decided I needed to finally sit down and watch Sergio Leone's "Dollars Trilogy". I'm fairly certain I would have seen them when I was a kid (my dad always had a western on) but that doesn't count for anything. I needed to watch them properly. And I have not been disappointed.

I had been putting this off for the same reason I had put off The Godfather. I really struggle with old films. I seem to find it really hard to connect with the characters and the cinematography often seems quite...dull.

So, A Fistful of Dollars was great. No dull cinematography here. A beautiful film with a deceptively simple plot. I really liked it. I'm now thinking I need to watch Yojimbo too.

For A Few Dollars More was possibly even better. I wasn't sure at first how I felt about Clint having to share screen time with a second protagonist but Lee Van Cleef was fantastic. Truly I'd say it's more his film than Clint's. Excellent.

I'm halfway through The Good, the Bad and the Ugly right now and to be honest I'm not liking it as much as the previous two so far. It's still good and it has plenty of time yet to become great but I just didn't love it immediately like the other two.

The music of all three definitely needs a mention. Ennio Morricone did an amazing job. The music was absolutely perfect and deservedly as iconic as Clint's steely glare or the contrasting extreme of wide shots and close ups.

You're always aware that you're watching an old film but at no point do these actually feel dated. I think they hold up to modern standards exceptionally well. I've been highly impressed with Leone and can't wait now to watch his other "trilogy".

You know, I was sort of expecting these films to be enjoyable but not actually good. So pleasantly surprised.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks