Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

50/50
    8/10

Pretty good and funny, and better than i thought it would be. But a bit depressing in some parts, but all in all it was good.

Here is what it was about. A comedy centered on a 27-year-old guy who learns of his cancer diagnosis, and his subsequent struggle to beat the disease. (imdb)
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

Piranha 3D 7/10

Gleefully gory. It's characters and story are above the traditional B-movie gorefest, where the characters in this movie were actually somewhat likable and the story, while following it's usual cliches, was overall enjoyable. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, which is something you should expect when going in to see this.

Apocalypse Now 4/10

This might just be my diminishing window-of-innocence talking, but I didn't find anything special about this "classic." It may have a been cutting-edge, controversial movie during the time of its origin. I simply couldn't enjoy it. I was forcing myself to watch the entire thing, though I wanted to turn it off 45 minutes in. The soundtrack (or lack thereof) was, really, the only notable characteristic.

Either that or I'm just not as cool as all of the non-conformists that love the flick.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I saw Wayne's World for the first time the other day. I expected it to be stupid. It was stupid, but in a good way. I quite enjoyed it!

Before that, I saw The Artist. It was great! More entertaining than a lot of non silent films I've seen recently.

Waynes World is definitely one of the better movies to come out of SNL (would be the best, if it wasn't for the Blues Brothers).

Constant Gardener
    -Just like everything else Focus Features releases, i loved this. Ralph Fiennes was brilliant, and Rachel Weisz was pretty great too, although i found her character to be fairly annoying until the second half-to last act of the film. And without getting into spoiler territory, the last scene in particular incredibly well handled.

Marie Antoinette
    I loved it. Especially way that Sofia Coppola had the nerve to cast aside the stereotypical aspects of period films (such as always having a classical score), and embraced a modern post-punk/indie rock soundtrack; each song fit the scene perfectly. And the art-direction was just fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

The Grey 5/10

it was an ok survival film i guess

Limitless 7/10

It was pretty good. Pacing was decent, it didn't drag. Bradly Cooper did a pretty good job in terms of acting. The story was okay. Not much to really complain about it. The directing and cinematography was really good and made the film a much more enjoyable experience.

Red Tails 5/10

another movie that's just ok

When I watched Drive, I kind of felt like I was playing one of those RPG's where the protagonist doesn't speak, and instead just kicks ass and does all the dirty work while listening to other characters set up the story. It was an interesting way to make a movie, and I thought it was done pretty well.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"