Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

Safe House 8/10

good movie lots of action

Apocalypto
    -Really enjoyed this one. I even felt the first half where the story was pretty much focused on the sort of mundane aspect of village life was better than the "action heavy" third act.

Semi Pro
    -Funny, but not Ferrell's best. The supporting cast had the best lines, especially during the poker game scene.

Tinker Taylor Solider Spy
    -Granted i'm a huge sucker for period-piece spy thrillers, but holy fuck this movie was good. Gary Oldman in particular was such a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Scarface 10/10

I loved this movie. For how long it is, it didn't drag at all and you became really emotionally invested in these characters.

I just watched Alien again. I love that movie. Even though I love Ridley Scott, I think I like James Cameron's Aliens even better. Both are great movies.

Aliens = 10/10

Alien = 10/10

Those are two of my favorite movies. I also watched Braveheart for the first time a week ago (I know, it's a shame to admit that I've seen movies like Thor, but I just watched Braveheart for the first time). I'd also give that one a pretty good score. At least a 9/10, maybe higher.

Oh yeah a month ago I watched The Mist. I loved and hated the end. But mm=ost of the movie was just too cheesy in general. I'd give it a 5/10 but it was actually worth watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by madisorana View Post
    Last movie that I have seen and keep me in the front of computer for hours was "Dexter"-this is a series,ok,but I like it very much.
    Doesn't Mission Impossible represent lethally boring static kind of action, so it'd kill me in front of 17" screen? Anyway, it seems so, so I haven't seen any part of it.

The Artist - 8.5/10

I've got to admit I was hesitant going into it. I wasn't sure if I could understand what, apart from being a film geek and geeking out, could make anyone in this day and age want to see a mostly silent b&w film. But I decently enjoyed it. I was really glad that the film wasn't out to bash modern cinema and kiss the collective ass of silent film- in fact, it nearly does the opposite. The writer/director clearly has affection for both, and in a couple of scenes he cleverly illustrates some of silent film's shortcomings.

The only points I deduct are for the story. While it was straightforward and well-paced, and the characters were very well-acted- I'm not sure I bought it. I didn't think the protagonist was as sympathetic as he was intended to be, for reasons that are difficult to describe without giving anything away. This was a very good film that would have been better 30-40 years ago, when it could have been made by a director who actually remembered what the transition into "talkies" was like. But this is the kind of movie that tells a story way bigger than the ones its characters are acting out.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Tron 8/10

First time seeing it. Had been putting it off forever. It was pretty good. Story was nothing special, but the effects and pacing made up for it.

Tron: Legacy 9/10

Big improvement with the story line. Effects were what you would expect and then some, Music was awesome (love Daft Punk) and overall I enjoyed the experience. This was also my first time seeing this one as well.

I really liked Tron Legacy. The story was sort of bland, but i was too distracted by the fantastic art direction and soundtrack to care.

The Inbetweeners Movie
    -This was really fucking funny. Although a sequel would be horribly pointless, i really hope there's one, i just love the characters so much.

Margin Call
    -It was prtty good; probably the best of the "white collar" type movies that have came out post-2008. Paul Bettney was especially solid, dude should get bigger roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

JCVD - 9/10. Turned out to be phenomenal. Manages to completely turn around your perception of Jean-Claude van Damme, which is saying a lot. I also - despite thinking that I wouldn't - agree that it is a truly moving monologue.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.