Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie i saw pt2

1. Default Free Android Apps

Last movie seen: mission impossible.. Nice movie.....

last movie i saw was act of valor the acting was pretty bad i didn't really enjoy it

Forrest Gump

What can I say? Still love it.

I've just seen The Artist. I'm positively surprised, I thought it would be a bit boring, but it wasn't at all. I find it a very positive and uplifting movie. Something different than most of nowadays films. Plus the dog is just cute

I just did a francophones speaking english week end with Tintin and Hugo Cabret.

I enjoyed them both but was especially surprised with Tintin.

I mean, I knew I would love Hugo Cabret because it's a movie about Meliès and typically my kind of movie. The photography is just absolutely amazing. It was great to see the Station of Orsay as a real railway station (it is now a museum that I can just suggest you to visit. It has the most beautiful paitings, mostly of the 19th..., and the clock of the railway station has been kept. The clock worths the visit). The actors were all good, which is not always the case when there are kids. Also, I usually like Scorcese movies very much.

But then, I also usually love Spielberg movies. Tintin received very diverse critics here. good and bad. I am not a Tintinophile but I do love Tintin. I read them all, of course, and I had a small obsession with it as a child. Then Astérix outgrew Tintin in my heart, and I kind of forgot it. You see, contrary to Tintin, Astérix can be read when you are an adult because of the frequent jokes and references that you don't understand as a kid. Tintin is a comic that has not that subtext, IMO, which doesn't make it bad but just less interesting when you grow up.
    Anyway, when I heard it was mixing 2 of the comics, I thought it would be crap but it really wasn't. The mix was very well done and it was great to see the meeting between Haddock and Tintin that is not in the Secret of Unicorn.
    Also, the motion capture was simply amazing. Especially the boat fight and the part when Haddock recalls what happened in the desert.

On a side note, we have now what we can call a "thing" with my boyfriend about watching making-of of movies with Andy Serkis doing motion capture. It can be REALLY funny. This one wasn't so much. I would suggest the Planet of Apes Making-of which is absolutely hilarious.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    But then, I also usually love Spielberg movies. Tintin received very diverse critics here. good and bad. I am not a Tintinophile but I do love Tintin. I read them all, of course, and I had a small obsession with it as a child. Then Astérix outgrew Tintin in my heart, and I kind of forgot it. You see, contrary to Tintin, Astérix can be read when you are an adult because of the frequent jokes and references that you don't understand as a kid. Tintin is a comic that has not that subtext, IMO, which doesn't make it bad but just less interesting when you grow up.
    I just want to say that this is exactly how I feel. Except loving Spielberg movies part. Tintin is fantastic when you are a child but as you get older you start to really appreciate Asterix. I have to admit I didn't get most of the jokes from Asterix and Son when I first read it.
    I didn't like the movie though. Mixing the stories didn't work for me, they were very different from each other but I'm sure it doesn't affect people who didn't read the books. And at the end all I could say was "is that all?", it didn't feel like a whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."

I'm not in a mood for complaining, therefore I'll only write that opening and cliffhanger of Deathly Hallows pt 1 (or rather circa 30 first and last minutes) were the best moments of the whole series and it was worth to see it just for that.

I watched Pretty In Pink for the first time... lol

Tyrannosaur

The lead role in this was amazing. There's barely a happy moment in the movie (the "lightest" part of it is actually at a wake) but a fantastic movie nevertheless.

Kill List

Really not much of a horror fan, but i loved this. The first 2/3rds of it are essentially just a sort of crime-thriller, but it does such a fantastic job of building a very creepy atmosphere.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 03-07-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Tyrannosaur

The lead role in this was amazing.
    I know, I know but lol.

The Skin I Live In - I wanted to turn it off soon after tiger's appearance; not that I was disgusted that much, but I was afraid of the direction it's heading in (I mean story, cause cinematography, music and acting were great from the beginning). Shreads of reviews I've heard (I haven't read any and wasn't even going to - luckily) were rather negative, thus I also was rather pesimistic. But I saw it till the end, and I'm really glad I did.
    The second part was pretty intense, and the moment when I got to know what kind of prisoner Vera really is ( yep, I didn't know it from the beginning -.-') changed my perception of her so much, that I was truly impressed. I felt hopelessness and weirdness of the situation, what made me forgive this film its all previous imperfections. So finally it turned out to be magnificently sick. 8/10