Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I still hate people

Hybrid View

Default I still hate people

I still "hate people", per se. I'm in my mid 20's now. I still harbor these negative feelings towards people in general. In any possible social situation, I pretty much expect the worst out of people. The impression I get is that this is supposed to be a phase that you grow out of once you're out of high school. It hasn't happened for me. In fact, the injustices I see and understand in the adult world make me more pissed off than I ever was before.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or have an opinion on the matter?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Improved perspective is one of the underrated qualitites of a sex life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post
    Improved perspective is one of the underrated qualitites of a sex life.
    I know you're fat.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I used to be like you. In fact worse. I thought people, i mean all of the people out there were all annoying worthless scum. I hated them for not walking on the right side of the road, for not walking fast enough or for standing up and chatting right on the first step of the stairs. And I was very vocal about it too, I had no problem about telling them that they're all idiots because they are making life very hard for me. Just spending 20 minutes on the streets was enough to make my day hell. And these are just small things. You wouldn't even want to know my reaction to people who do really bad things. It seemed like everyone except me were disgusting beings. No one cared about how racism was getting stronger in the country, or how tens of people have died for nothing or that our freedoms were taking away from us one by one.
    So yes, I hated everyone until a couple of wise people told me that the world has always been the same and the reason I expect worse out of everyone was the fact that I wasn't in peace with myself, which is very common in adolescents. When you are truly happy and content with your life you don't really see lots of things to hate in people because you just simply don't look for it. I know it sounds cliche but it has worked for me and I see it works on other people too. Your situation is not just a phase and you cannot expect it to go away just because you got older. You have to work for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."

That awkward moment when someone may have posted something really important and inspiring, but I'm too lazy to read it.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

I do the opposite. I assume that everyone is good and reasonable, until proven otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer lter bra.

Quote Originally Posted by BagOfShenanigans View Post
    That awkward moment when someone may have posted something really important and inspiring, but I'm too lazy to read it.
    I read the first sentence of the long, long paragraph. Then I skipped to the next comment, which was yours. Then I replied. Now..... I'm finishing my sentence, because I hate it when people don't finish their sen

Quote Originally Posted by killer_queen View Post
    I used to be like you. In fact worse. I thought people, i mean all of the people out there were all annoying worthless scum. I hated them for not walking on the right side of the road, for not walking fast enough or for standing up and chatting right on the first step of the stairs. And I was very vocal about it too, I had no problem about telling them that they're all idiots because they are making life very hard for me. Just spending 20 minutes on the streets was enough to make my day hell. And these are just small things. You wouldn't even want to know my reaction to people who do really bad things. It seemed like everyone except me were disgusting beings. No one cared about how racism was getting stronger in the country, or how tens of people have died for nothing or that our freedoms were taking away from us one by one.
    So yes, I hated everyone until a couple of wise people told me that the world has always been the same and the reason I expect worse out of everyone was the fact that I wasn't in peace with myself, which is very common in adolescents. When you are truly happy and content with your life you don't really see lots of things to hate in people because you just simply don't look for it. I know it sounds cliche but it has worked for me and I see it works on other people too. Your situation is not just a phase and you cannot expect it to go away just because you got older. You have to work for it.
    I would say that the more one learns about the world, the more likely it is that one sees the lack of coherence in "people". Many people are fucked up in many ways, and the more one learns about the different underlying causes of their problems (in most cases not even under their control), the more one learns that there is little point in hating "people" as a generalized entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Yeah I used to be the same way but as I got older and developed some really close relationships with people that are not necessarily the types of people I would have given a chance before, I realized that I was being as much of an asshole as I was expecting everyone else to be.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

In reality, you hate people because people = shit. No, seriously, I don't consider myself superior in any way, but I've encountered a lot of persons I don't wish to see again, because of many reasons, their morals, their vibe, their thoughts about x matter, their way of expressing themselves, their lack of intelligence, the way they smell, or just my lack of interest, and I don't consider myself better, or that I am always right, but there are some people who really lack basic human decency, I don't really know how to say it... not that I am all goodness and consider myself perfect, but c'mon... you know what I'm talking about... yes, you.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...