Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I still hate people

Cant really "grow out" of something that's completely true. People are idiots and always will be, whether or not you have the patience for it is really what you need to work on.

Thirty years old and still hating over here. I meet people every single day who make me loathe humanity. Most days, though, I also meet one or two people who surprise me by performing some small act of decency towards another human being. Love those people. My hatred of all the obnoxious people I come into contact with at least allows me to feel genuine affection for anyone I meet who can behave like a reasonable human being.

I generally expect the worst from anyone I don't know. Seems like a sensible default position to take.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Ok, It actually took me a while to think about how to respond to this. It's not so much that I hate other people. And I don't think that I expect the worst from everyone.

I think the problem is that I'm a horribly judgmental person. I take one first impression and extrapolate the wildest conclusions about a person. Oh, you're wearing all white Air Force 1s? You must bottom-of-the-barrel, fashionable trash who beats his girlfriend and get belligerent at social gatherings because you grew up without a dad.

So I might hate people. Then again, I might just hate the first thing I notice about them.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    I think the problem is that I'm a horribly judgmental person. I take one first impression and extrapolate the wildest conclusions about a person. Oh, you're wearing all white Air Force 1s? You must bottom-of-the-barrel, fashionable trash who beats his girlfriend and get belligerent at social gatherings because you grew up without a dad.
    ...and thus, thee needs to be isolated.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

True...

Or the rest of the world needs "cleansed."
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

My dad wears all white shoes.... is it specifically just Air Force ones or is it any all white shoe?

The human Race is a giant festering pile of shit. But there are good people thrown in here and there.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    My dad wears all white shoes.... is it specifically just Air Force ones or is it any all white shoe?

The human Race is a giant festering pile of shit. But there are good people thrown in here and there.
    Everyone's dad wears white shoes. Usually extra wide New Balances, Nike Air Monarchs, or some shitty Reeboks. If none of those, then he's probably buying shoes from WalMart or from a store where he knows one of the employees/there's a teenage girl that he likes to see bend down in front of him.

Regardless, you've missed the point, Retard.

Many people claim that if you have fulfilling relationships, you won't feel this way. But I'd say with the amount of people who suck, you need a bit of luck to meet people who deserve friendship. Furthermore, just because YOU have what you want doesn't mean you should ignore how crappy humanity is as a whole.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I believe that the attitude you give off about people is what you attract. I've definitely noticed fluctuations throughout my life - in times when I was super pessimistic about life and about people, I attracted shitty people cause I had a shitty attitude. Nowadays, I feel pretty positively about people and generally see good in most people. I tend to attribute the fact that I've met so many great people since I moved recently to my attitude toward people.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

A more active social life + not taking too many things as seriously helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Wait, now you're trying to tell us the clitoris exists?