Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future Is Now

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    I think it would be cool if the title was "how I disappear" too
    Yeah, but then Lars Ulrich would probably sue them for 'stealing' his song title. You know what he's like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmau5 View Post
    Yeah, but then Lars Ulrich would probably sue them for 'stealing' his song title. You know what he's like.
    that was the intention XD at least one of the too would be a good song

Quote Originally Posted by rdcouch View Post
    Now who's knock knocking at your door
    No matter how many times I listen to that song, I still hear 'Who's THAT knocking at your door'...

1. This song sounds amazing from the little I've heard.

2. HEY SNEED!

3. Abby, come back to the board! We need females.

Not as long as that asshole keeps harrassing me.

My version...since the city is made of diamonds,it wouldn't make sense to sing about grass that will grow...therefore,I think that it should be glass...

This city's made of diamonds
    And tomorrow glass will grow
    All the freedoms that divide us
    They're coming after me

Flashback 1984
    Now who's knock knocking at your door
    The conflict starts a riot
    They are coming after me

Now! Life is not the same
    I'm one
    Sparks turn into flames

Will you take what's in my head?
    And erase me when i'm dead
    'cause the future is now, now I'm disappearing
    Now day has turned to night
    And saved me from the light
    'cause the future is here, this is how I disappear

Running down the spiral
    With the lie, a better man
    Shouting promises tomorrow
    Take one last look and see me

Now you see me now you don't
    now foul will play no string at all (not sure about this line)
    My hero, your pariah
    They're coming after me

Now, life is just god's game
    Last edited by dexterone; 04-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    I know you wanna hit that

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    No matter how many times I listen to that song, I still hear 'Who's THAT knocking at your door'...
    I'm pretty sure it's "that knocking" and not "knock knocking". I've thought that all along, but figured I was the only one

I'm also pretty sure that it's "Running down the spiral, with a line, a better man", instead of "with the lie". I hear an 'n' in there, and it'd also make more sense.
    Last edited by Llamas; 04-03-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's "that knocking" and not "knock knocking". I've thought that all along, but figured I was the only one

I'm also pretty sure that it's "Running down the spiral, with a line, a better man", instead of "with the lie". I hear an 'n' in there, and it'd also make more sense.
    I'm 100% sure that it's Now who's knock,knocking at your door...I've been listening to it over and over like 100 times and I've never heard 'that'..I clearly hear a 'n' sound at the beginning and 'k' sound at the end of the word...
    By the second one I'm not that sure...I'd say that Running down the spiral with the lie,a better man would make more sense since a better man might be used ironically...and since he's lying,he's becoming a ''better'' man...on the other hand,I also hear a 'n' sound,so it might be line but don't know if it made sence...it might be the case that Dexter said a 'n' sound because there's a diphthong at the end of ''lie'' and there's a vowel at the beginning of ''A better man''...so this 'n' sound might be like some kind of intrusive...I don't know,this 'n' sound is not as clear for me as the one in KNOCK,knocking at your door....we'll see...but if it's THAT,I'll eat my own vomit.. but I'm 100% sure that it's not...
    Last edited by dexterone; 04-03-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    I know you wanna hit that

Quote Originally Posted by dexterone View Post
    I'm 100% sure that it's Now who's knock,knocking at your door...I've been listening to it over and over like 100 times and I've never heard 'that'..I clearly hear a 'n' sound at the beginning and 'k' sound at the end of the word...
    By the second one I'm not that sure...I'd say that Running down the spiral with the lie,a better man would make more sense since a better man might be used ironically...and since he's lying,he's becoming a ''better'' man...on the other hand,I also hear a 'n' sound,so it might be line but don't know if it made sence...it might be the case that Dexter said a 'n' sound because there's a diphthong at the end of ''lie'' and there's a vowel at the beginning of ''A better man''...so this 'n' sound might be like some kind of intrusive...I don't know,this 'n' sound is not as clear for me as the one in KNOCK,knocking at your door....we'll see...but if it's THAT,I'll eat my own vomit.. but I'm 100% sure that it's not...
    We'll just have to wait and see about "knock" vs "that", because they both make perfect sense, and we can't really be sure with a bad quality live recording. So I'll say for now that it could be either.

"with a line" would make sense - probably more sense - if he's talking about going down a spiral, holding on to a line or following a line.

In American English, though, you wouldn't put a /n/ sound between a dipthong and another vowel - in British English, they often put a /r/ between them, but not with an American (especially California) accent. Plus those intrusions are generally /r/ - I've never heard it with /n/.

But we'll see on both of these - the second one is more interesting than the first, because the meaning is different, depending on if it's line or lie. I'm getting more and more excited for this album!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I think it's knock knocking even because Pete's hitting the snare twice giving the sound to the onomatopea, it makes more sense then "that" for me