Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: The Future Is Now

Wow, at first I was like "Meh, this doesn't really sound THAT much like Chop Suey. Maybe just generally like SOAD..." and then I got to the chorus. o_o
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Microwave, dude. I'd forgotten the name of the album, but yeah, it's "Does This Look infected?" I wrongly thought it was their third, but seems it's the second one.

The whole thing's pretty much Conspiracy-esque riffs and style. Obviously vocally it's...them, but there's a pretty big similarity. I wouldn't jump to accusations of it being intentional, especially since it came out in a similar period, but it's there.

Not really my type of band, but that was their one disc I listened to quite a bit. The one after it, Chuck, is the same kinda thing, only it's "Sum 41 with Metallica influence".

Kinda have no idea what they've done since then.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Still Waiting by Sum 41...when that came out i was so sure it was a slight on "Dammit, I Changed Again" that I wrote a very English "rant" letter to Kerrang magazine.
    They printed my letter in the issue that they reviewed the Still Waiting single, and to show that they where the pinnacle of rock music reviews stated:

"this song sounds awfully like The Offsprings "Low Self Esteem"

I almost shredded the magazine in fury, such was the all encompassing love for the band at that point in my life.
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
    Wow, at first I was like "Meh, this doesn't really sound THAT much like Chop Suey. Maybe just generally like SOAD..." and then I got to the chorus. o_o
    Yep, it's pretty obvious and blatant. It's one of the few songs where I feel I can safely assume it was intentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Yep, it's pretty obvious and blatant. It's one of the few songs where I feel I can safely assume it was intentional.
    Can't agree more, it's such a great album with such great rip-offs. but sum41 is well known for doing that

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    The biggest offender in my opinion is We're All To Blame vs SOAD's Chop Suey. Listen to the song structure and the choruses. I really don't think the Offspring rips people off this badly.
    Wow, I listen to both of those songs quite frequently and I never even compared them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Microwave, dude. I'd forgotten the name of the album, but yeah, it's "Does This Look infected?" I wrongly thought it was their third, but seems it's the second one.

The whole thing's pretty much Conspiracy-esque riffs and style. Obviously vocally it's...them, but there's a pretty big similarity. I wouldn't jump to accusations of it being intentional, especially since it came out in a similar period, but it's there.

Not really my type of band, but that was their one disc I listened to quite a bit. The one after it, Chuck, is the same kinda thing, only it's "Sum 41 with Metallica influence".

Kinda have no idea what they've done since then.
    It's an easy mistake to make with the whole "is it the second or third album?" thing. I often think of Half Hour of Power as their first album even though it's just a long EP. I often think of DTLI? as their third album mistakenly.

In regards to new stuff, they released a mediocre record called "Underclass Hero" somewhere between 2008-2009 I think. Their most recent album, Screaming Bloody Murder (pretty good in my opinion), was released a little over a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

i think this song would make a great 2nd single

it's such a shame this song got cut from the setlist i think it's even better live then dividing by zero and slim pickens

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    it's such a shame this song got cut from the setlist i think it's even better live then dividing by zero and slim pickens
    I think they should add to the setlist and cut kristy or Have you ever or americana.. we are in DAYS GO BY tour For GOD's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosky View Post
    I think they should add to the setlist and cut kristy or Have you ever or americana.. we are in DAYS GO BY tour For GOD's sake
    They can't take "Have You Ever" out of the setlist cause Greg would quit the band. It's one of his few shinning moments.