Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future Is Now

That's a good point and makes sense; makes it seem more likely that it's "knock".

By the way, I'm just gonna claim my credit for the fact that I was the first one to realize it was "running down the spiral" and not "money down the spiral", and that "now day has turned to night" line - and now everyone has those in their lyrics sets. dexterone, you wanna insult me again for my first quick attempt at the lyrics? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by My Name Was Taken View Post
    Not as long as that asshole keeps harrassing me.
    Well that's understandable. I guess I'll have to teach him some manners.

Its definitely knock knocking in my opinion.

dexterone, I like some of those changes you made to the lyrics. "The conflict starts a riot" makes sense and definitely sounds possible. EDIT: forgot to mention, I keep hearing "the foxhole starts a riot" but I don't know if this makes sense, which is why I never put it in the lyrics I posted. What do others think?

However I do still think it is "Can you save me from the light" in the chorus as I posted in my lyrics. I hear two syllables an no d on "save"

The line you are unsure about in the last verse I wasn't sure of either. At a minimum the first four words are definitely "No foul play no" in my opinion (first "No" MIGHT be "now", and I do think I hear string for the fifth. So "No foul play, no string ____ ____" Definitely two one-syllable words at the end. I'm now thinking "No foul play, no string to throw"
    Last edited by rdcouch; 04-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Above Advanced Search (which is for pussies)

The Future is Now!

All 4 minutes of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4vsvLIr-UM
    Listen to Britney Spears:

-Hit Me Baby One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I remember there had been three threads about it already. Use the search button.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    The search button does let us down every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    We'll just have to wait and see about "knock" vs "that", because they both make perfect sense, and we can't really be sure with a bad quality live recording. So I'll say for now that it could be either.

"with a line" would make sense - probably more sense - if he's talking about going down a spiral, holding on to a line or following a line.

In American English, though, you wouldn't put a /n/ sound between a dipthong and another vowel - in British English, they often put a /r/ between them, but not with an American (especially California) accent. Plus those intrusions are generally /r/ - I've never heard it with /n/.

But we'll see on both of these - the second one is more interesting than the first, because the meaning is different, depending on if it's line or lie. I'm getting more and more excited for this album!
    yeah,I know that only r,w and j sound may be intrusive...but you know...it was a concert and the recording is in a bad quality,so it is hard to say...you might be right but I would still say that it is with the lie...

That's a good point and makes sense; makes it seem more likely that it's "knock".

By the way, I'm just gonna claim my credit for the fact that I was the first one to realize it was "running down the spiral" and not "money down the spiral", and that "now day has turned to night" line - and now everyone has those in their lyrics sets. dexterone, you wanna insult me again for my first quick attempt at the lyrics? :P
    I suppose that there are more people on here who have been thinking right from the first listening that it was Running down the spiral...but you are right with Now day has turned to night...and I don't wanna insult you,just keep in mind that according to your version we'd still be talking about the sea made of diamonds and small (something) that will either go or grow but I don't mean it in a wrong way...
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcouch View Post
    Its definitely knock knocking in my opinion.

dexterone, I like some of those changes you made to the lyrics. "The conflict starts a riot" makes sense and definitely sounds possible. EDIT: forgot to mention, I keep hearing "the foxhole starts a riot" but I don't know if this makes sense, which is why I never put it in the lyrics I posted. What do others think?

However I do still think it is "Can you save me from the light" in the chorus as I posted in my lyrics. I hear two syllables an no d on "save"

The line you are unsure about in the last verse I wasn't sure of either. At a minimum the first four words are definitely "No foul play no" in my opinion (first "No" MIGHT be "now", and I do think I hear string for the fifth. So "No foul play, no string ____ ____" Definitely two one-syllable words at the end. I'm now thinking "No foul play, no string to throw"
    Thank you,man I think that it's And saved from the light because Day has turned to night and the night saved him from the light...I don't think that he would be asking if someone could save him...wouldn't make sense...and you're right,it's Now foul will instead of No...I already changed that yesterday..and I'm guessing that it's no foul will play no string at all....I hear ''at all'' at the end but I'm not sure...
    Last edited by dexterone; 04-04-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    I know you wanna hit that

Exclamation Finally!

It's a great song. Lots of goodies in it, thus it's not too predictive. Nice intro and ending. Some almost middle eastern stuff and also slower part.

Full version of the song!! So awesome! I don't think this song really sounds like "standard Offspring fare", as someone called it. It reminds me a bit of Lightning Rod, which will always be exceptional to me. Way excited to hear that intro, bridge, and ending in full studio sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by The Search Button View Post
    The Future is Now!

All 4 minutes of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4vsvLIr-UM
    Well, now we* have to do the rest of the lyrics.

*Everyone else, I'll just watch like an ass.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

Full version of the song!! So awesome! I don't think this song really sounds like "standard Offspring fare", as someone called it. It reminds me a bit of Lightning Rod, which will always be exceptional to me. Way excited to hear that intro, bridge, and ending in full studio sound.
    Maybe this is the song that sounds like Lightning Rod, like Noodles said.

and after a long time,Dexter is online again! he's probably curious about our opinions
    I know you wanna hit that