Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Offspring To Be Inducted Into The Hall Of Fame Next Year?

Default The Offspring To Be Inducted Into The Hall Of Fame Next Year?

It was just on the frontpage of ultimate-guitar.com

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...next_year.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland
    What's wrong with Dexter??? Everyone says what a great guy he is. Even his friends call him Gandhi. It's not just me, everyone says how nice he is. That is all. Thank you.

A few points here.

1. If it came from U-G.com or Dying Scene, you may as well take it to mean the opposite.
    2. If it's not on Offspring.com, it's not official.
    3. The article quoted says it's highly unlikely they would be inducted in their first year of eligibility, but leads off saying it's happening. This sort of cognitive dissonance should be a red flag.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

i don't believe this for a second maybe one day but not now

All of the vague, noncommittal phrasing gives it away as BS.

1. The question mark in the title.

2. "According to Idioteq.com, talks about The Offspring being inducted into next year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are apparently underway."

3. "Although not affiliated with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, the website Future Rock Legends says that The Offspring are being eligible for induction into the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013 and will be present at the 2014 Induction Ceremony."

4. "If the event were to happen..."
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

I think not. At least not before other major acts within the alternative music scene that had more of a significant impact on music as a whole, like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Sonic Youth, Nirvana (especially) Social Distortion, The Pixies, Minutemen, Bad Religion, the list goes on. The Offspring had some impact, having the most commercially successful album on an independent label, but in terms of impact on today's modern music the bands listed above have done more than the Offspring.

It took them forever to induct Patti Smith and The Stooges. Who honestly thinks they'll induct the "Pretty Fly" guys in their first year of eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    I think not. At least not before other major acts within the alternative music scene that had more of a significant impact on music as a whole, like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Sonic Youth, Nirvana (especially) Social Distortion, The Pixies, Minutemen, Bad Religion, the list goes on. The Offspring had some impact, having the most commercially successful album on an independent label, but in terms of impact on today's modern music the bands listed above have done more than the Offspring.
    offspring have sold more records then all those bands excluding nirvana and smash is the best selling independent album of all time so i think they should go in one day

but nirvana definitely should go in before them and black flag should go in before offspring in my opinion

I would be pretty surprised if this happens. But you better believe I'd be at the ceremony if it did.
    ++

Yeah I don't think it's gonna happen, regardless of whether or not I think it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

1 members appreciate this post.

I won't be surprised if it happens.
    Enslave my mind...