Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Offspring To Be Inducted Into The Hall Of Fame Next Year?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    First what are the requirements to be inducted into the rock & roll hall of fame?

Secondly I thought everyone here were Offspring fans, and would want & support the Offspring getting into the Rock & Roll hall of fame.
    Not entirely certain the exact requirements, but I do know that a band becomes eligible after existing for at least 30 years. Again, I may be wrong, but I'm somewhat sure of that point.

Last edited by EarY; 08-14-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    Turn the lights on.

25 years since first album was released, the how much influence the artist have on rock & roll.
    I did see on an alternate webpage that The Offspring were being considered. Its not to late for them.

Some inductees have been inducted more an once. I will pray, hope and wish for the Offspring to be inducted.

http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news...#disqus_thread

Alright, so The Offspring hasn't been nominated this year, but then again, who cares? When LL Cool J is eligible of being in the same conversation as Elvis Presely, it really doesn't say much about the management of the Hall of Fame. Still a big honor, though (despite being completely broken).

Also, the qualification for this year is the band having released their first single/album in 1988 or before. While it's Nirvana's first year of eligibility, The Offspring would have been first eligible two years ago. Unless I'm reading into this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news...#disqus_thread

Alright, so The Offspring hasn't been nominated this year, but then again, who cares? When LL Cool J is eligible of being in the same conversation as Elvis Presely, it really doesn't say much about the management of the Hall of Fame. Still a big honor, though (despite being completely broken).

Also, the qualification for this year is the band having released their first single/album in 1988 or before. While it's Nirvana's first year of eligibility, The Offspring would have been first eligible two years ago. Unless I'm reading into this wrong.
    Who knows when The Offspring will get inducted? They might, maybe some years later or so. Black Sabbath didn't officially get inducted until 2006.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Yea, you guys (the offspring) totally deserved to be in the rock n roll hall of fame. I'm stoked. Please god for the love of jesus. #confident

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce Maria View Post
    Yea, you guys (the offspring) totally deserved to be in the rock n roll hall of fame. I'm stoked. Please god for the love of jesus. #confident
    I'd be stoked too, but I doubt they'll be inducted next year.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

I'm fine with knowing that they'll make it someday. Even now, Smash and Americana are classic albums in the realm of 90s pop punk. Though they'll probably be an "oldie" band by the time the HoF actually wises up.

yep, i'll be prayin' for a great miracle. they better be inducted, well, i hope so like seriously i do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    I'd be stoked too, but I doubt they'll be inducted next year.
    Last edited by Dulce Maria; 11-13-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Unfortunately, The Offspring will not be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its...-hall-of-fame/