Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 84

Thread: Admin: about banning.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Antioch, CA
    Posts
    1,065


    Default Admin: about banning.

    apparently, someone was banned for calling a post made by another BBS user "spam". could you please put up something that says what actions can get a BBS member banned? i've checked the FAQs and not once is "ban" or "banned" used in it.
    Remember kids, simple logic is your friend!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    562


    Default

    They have an email adress in the FAQ.
    What is Fedex?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Go Fuck Yourself
    Posts
    2,276


    Default

    Who would be doing it anyways??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    237


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater
    apparently, someone was banned for calling a post made by another BBS user "spam". could you please put up something that says what actions can get a BBS member banned? i've checked the FAQs and not once is "ban" or "banned" used in it.
    I'm suprised someone even got the boot at all. Seing how much of a bad shape this place is in. And you when you PM the admins with a complaint when you catch em online, they log off. My guess is they're lazy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,959


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pulse
    I'm suprised someone even got the boot at all. Seing how much of a bad shape this place is in. And you when you PM the admins with a complaint when you catch em online, they log off. My guess is they're lazy.
    They're not as lazy as Bryan Kroll from the ps2games.net forums.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where i am located
    Posts
    84


    Default

    they probably just don't care about banning [anymore], because you look at some of the threads and posts and there is a lot of, you know, 'questionable content'

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    562


    Default

    None of them are as lazy as webdude.
    What is Fedex?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    166


    Default

    There are no moderators, per se. As in people who are paid to monitor the content of the message board.

    The only banning I know of was due to the pornographic avatar.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,959


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    There are no moderators, per se. As in people who are paid to monitor the content of the message board.

    The only banning I know of was due to the pornographic avatar.
    that explains it. Thank you. I was afraid I was gonna be banned for something.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    166


    Default

    Don't sweat it.

    While I can't speak for the band or their policy, as I understand it they want everyone to be able to speak their mind and would rather not resort to monitoring all message board contents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •