Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New albums 2016

Default New albums 2016

It's October and we have two-and-a-half months left before 2016 begins.

Here's what I look forward to checking out/listening to in the new year:
    * Alice in Chains - Even though I prefer the Layne Staley-era of Alice in Chains, I actually liked their first two albums with William DuVall on vocals ("Black Gives Way to Blue" and "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here") and look forward to checking out the next one.
    * Anthrax - "Worship Music" was an awesome album and I am definitely looking forward to hearing the new album. The new song they just released, "Evil Twin", is actually pretty good, which also makes me want to check out the new album.
    * Bad Religion - The new Bad Religion album may not be as good as their older stuff like "Suffer", "No Control" or "The Empire Strikes First", but I'm still going to check it out. The reason I said the new album may not be any good is because of the absence of Greg Hetson, to me either him or Brett Gurewitz (or both) was the real reason Bad Religion got popular over 25 years ago. I did, however, like the Christmas album from 2013, which Hetson didn't play on, so I will still check out the new album (with Mike Dimkich as his replacement) just in case.
    * Descendents - 11 years has passed since the Descendents last had album. I actually liked their last album "Cool to Be You" and I'm definitely looking forward to their new record.
    * Dream Theater - I really liked their post-Mike Portnoy albums ("A Dramatic Turn of Events" and the self-titled album) and look forward to the next album. Dream Theater always deliver some awesome music.
    * Face to Face - Their last two albums ("Laugh Now, Laugh Later" and "Three Chords and a Half Truth") were actually pretty good, so I'm definitely looking forward to their next album.
    * Kreator - I loved Kreator's last four albums ("Violent Revolution", "Enemy of God", "Hordes of Chaos" and "Phantom Antichrist") and can't wait to check out their new album. The new Kreator album, along with new albums from Anthrax and Testament, is among my anticipated thrash metal albums of 2016.
    * NOFX - Since the release of "So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes" back in 1997, NOFX had put out an album every three years, but it looks like those gaps are no more, as El Hefe recently announced that they would be recording new music after the 25th anniversary of Fat Wreck Chords tour. In 2016, it will be four years since they last had a proper album. Their last couple albums, including "Self-Entitled", were awesome and I'm definitely expecting the new one to be that awesome too.
    * Pennywise - I liked their latest album "Yesterdays", and describe it as something of a comeback for Pennywise, as it was Jim Lindberg's first release with the band since he returned in 2012. I'm hoping their next album will do well too.
    * Social Distortion - It's been four years since they released their last album "Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes". My thoughts on a new Social D album are kinda the same as the next Offspring album. Like The Offspring, first they promise a new album and then they make us wait at least more than three or four years for it to be released.
    * Ten Foot Pole - Last year, I heard they were going to put out a new album this year, but since it's now October, it looks like it won't be released until next year as they're probably still writing/recording it. I'm anticipating Ten Foot Pole's first album since 2004 as much as the new albums/releases from nearly all the other bands I listed.
    * Testament - I loved their last album "The Dark Roots of Earth", to me it's a thrash metal masterpiece of the 2010's and I definitely can't wait to hear the next album, especially with Steve DiGiorgio on bass.
    * The Vandals - They haven't had a proper studio album of new songs since 2004's "Hollywood Potato Chip". Since then, they released a remix album in 2005 ("Shingo Japanese Remix Album") and a compilation of rare music in 2008 ("BBC Sessions and Other Polished Turds"). During those 10 years, The Vandals have continued touring or playing shows here and there, and been promising some new music, but keep making us wait, just like Axl did with "Chinese Democracy". Last year, they released a new-ish song, which is a cover of The Specials' "It's Got to Be Ska", and they said they were going to release a new EP with new material, which to this day still hasn't been released. I pray to God we will finally see a new Vandals album, EP, whatever they're going to put out.

Since I'm writing on the message boards on The Offspring's official website, I thought The Offspring should be mentioned. They recently said their new album will probably be out in 2016. As it's now October, I have no idea whether they're actually back in the studio, but I suspect there will be another Offspring album before TOO LONG. We'll never know though, they've been taking too long making records since "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace".
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Obviously I am looking forward to the new Offspring album the most I just hope it gets released before December 31st, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    they've been taking too long making records since "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace"
    AKA since they started working with Bob Rock lol

Also I read Greg Graffin is working on a solo album so I don't think Bad Religion will put out a new album until 2017

* Face to Face - Their last two albums ("Laugh Now, Laugh Later" and "Three Chords and a Half Truth") were actually pretty good, so I'm definitely looking forward to their next album..
    I am really looking forward to this one also. They are in the studio with Bill Stevenson and just signed with Fat Wreck Chords

* Ten Foot Pole - Last year, I heard they were going to put out a new album this year, but since it's now October, it looks like it won't be released until next year as they're probably still writing/recording it. I'm anticipating Ten Foot Pole's first album since 2004 as much as the new albums/releases from nearly all the other bands I listed.
    I saw them in June with Unwritten Law and they were really good so I will be sure to check out their new album

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Obviously I am looking forward to the new Offspring album the most I just hope it gets released before December 31st, 2016
    Since The Offspring usually spend at least two or three years in the studio with Bob Rock, I was hoping it would be released before 2018, so yeah, I hope it'll come out before December 31st, 2016 or 2017.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

We will get sooner to Mars than we will have the new album. So much for the positivity.

The Vandals album could be interesting just to hear Josh Freese.

I would be very surprised if The Vandals ever put out another album

I would be very surprised if The Vandals ever put out another album
    Me too. They always say there will be new music, but never actually release it, similar to Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy. Even though Chinese Democracy finally came out 7 years ago, I'm still surprised that album exists.

Also I read Greg Graffin is working on a solo album so I don't think Bad Religion will put out a new album until 2017
    Speaking of Greg Graffin, Brooks Wackerman announced he's no longer in Bad Religion. Because Graffin is now working on a solo album and Wackerman is no longer in the band, I guess we're going to have to wait a while for the next Bad Religion album to arrive.

http://www.punknews.org/article/5922...s-bad-religion

Speaking of Greg Graffin, Brooks Wackerman announced he's no longer in Bad Religion. Because Graffin is now working on a solo album and Wackerman is no longer in the band, I guess we're going to have to wait a while for the next Bad Religion album to arrive.

http://www.punknews.org/article/5922...s-bad-religion
    That is awful news first Greg Hetson and now Brooks Wackerman

I guess something cool I can says is that I saw the last show Greg Hetson ever played with Bad Religion and I saw the last show Brooks Wackerman ever played with Bad Religion

Anthrax will release their new album "For All Kings" on February 26th, and Dream Theater will release theirs early next year, which is called "The Astonishing".

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ant...m-in-february/
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dre...g-album-title/

The Cult are releasing a new album on February 5th. It's called "Hidden City". They're also streaming the album's first single "Dark Energy".

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the...e-dark-energy/

Here's the link to the new single:
    http://vevo.ly/vgsCfX

Face to Face's new album Protection will be released on March 4th.

http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/954