Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Green Day thread

Default The Green Day thread

I'd like GD and The Offspring to do a joint tour one day; both bands spearheaded the punk revival of the early '90s; both from California; both became huge, beyond punk rock.

Anyway, I got to see the American Idiot musical some time ago and that album still sounds as fresh and awesome as it was when it came out, 13 years ago.

I'd choose American Idiot (and pretty much everything they did afer) over any of the '90s old-school albums. And mind you, I love Dookie, Nimrod, etc. But man, how can you top Jesus of Suburbia, or 21st Century Breakdown? Who could've predicted 20 years ago that a punk rock band would write such epic medleys/suites!

80% of American Idiot still holds up. If i never hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams or Holiday again it'd be too soon. Was never the biggest fan of 21st Century Breakdown. My favorite will always be Warning, Insomniac or Nimrod coming in second. That changes frequently.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

American Idiot really made me hate Green Day it might be my least favorite album of the 2000's. I also think The Offspring need to stop doing tours as the opening act for other bands. If they did a tour as the opening act for Green Day I would be disappointed although it would make more sense then them opening for Sublime With Rome or 311

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    American Idiot really made me hate Green Day it might be my least favorite album of the 2000's. I also think The Offspring need to stop doing tours as the opening act for other bands. If they did a tour as the opening act for Green Day I would be disappointed although it would make more sense then them opening for Sublime With Rome or 311
    Maybe both bands alternating the opening slot? Like what Metallica and GNR did back in 1992.

I really hope Green Day decides to switch up their act a little bit next time. Billie Joe doing the "I SAID WAAAAYYYY OOOOOO" during every break down got a little tiresome. They're maniacs live, they don't let up. But it was basically the same show i saw when they toured for 21st Century Breakdown, but with a couple of Revolution Radio songs thrown in. My friend who had never seen them before LOVED it. So i was happy he enjoyed it so much. Smoked a little before hand so that helped me at least.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

^^ Yeah, I know what you mean with those concert antics, haha. I'll be seeing them in short!

I got around to watching the two respective docs on making American Idiot and the trilogy Uno, Dos, Tré, and, boy, the amount of work this band went through was mindblowing, especially Billie Joe! He's a true professional. Along with Dexter, they have a talent for coming up with vocal melodies like no other punk rocker.

Billie Joe breathes music! Seeing him playing bass, drums, guitar, piano and singing, and then putting it all together was inspiring and telling how dedicate he and his band are.

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    80% of American Idiot still holds up. If i never hear Boulevard of Broken Dreams or Holiday again it'd be too soon.
    The only song off that album that I got burnt out on is Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Boulevard and Holiday to some extent. But St. Jimmy, American Idiot or Jesus of Suburbia I can linsten to without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    A If they did a tour as the opening act for Green Day I would be disappointed although it would make more sense then them opening for Sublime With Rome or 311
    But how come The Offspring would open for those bands...?! They are a bigger band than those or any other punk rock band, barring Green Day.

In America Sublime and 311 are definitely bigger bands than the offspring now. Sublime has always kind of had this cult like status especially since the singer died. 311 is still pretty big, selling out ampitheaters and everything. The offspring played the house of blues when they did their smash tour and that's definitely still their biggest record. 311 played some big ass place around here last time they came which is i think only a few months ago.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Nimrod is my favorite album. But you can find nice tracks on each one of their releases, even the last one.

Sometimes their tracks get a bit boring and less energetic than The Offspring - but comparing the two always seemed stupid to me. Each band is a different machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    In America 311 are definitely bigger bands than the offspring now.
    Well I am going to see both bands next week at a radio show and guess who is headlining? :P haha