Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennywise

Not much to say right now, need to listen to it more, but I really like it. We Have It All is a great song, it reminds me of The Offspring at their very best.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Yeah, thanks.
    Pretty nice & solid from what I've heard of it up to now.
    Good choice to pre-launch 'All or Nothing' and 'Let us hear your voice'
    Last edited by samseby; 04-20-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Well, the album still suffers from the "Pennywise syndrome" - the pace hardly changes during the course of the album, so there's a bit less diversity than I'd like.

BUT (and there's a big BUT) what saves it is the quality of the songs. It's nothing new or groundbraking, it's just an album full of songs in the style that Pennywise does best. It's packing with energy, plus the songs manage to be very catchy at the same time. And some of the songs are simply excellent. I can't get "Revolution" out of my head, that track is probably my favorite from this so far.

So the album is by no means a disappointment, It may even become my favorite release from them. Zoli was the right pick for the singer. The only downside is the lack of diversity (which becomes evident when you compare them with The Offspring for example), but other than this I can't find any faults. Well done Pennywise, well done

I guess it's hard to stay the same - same as it's hard to do something that sounds entirely 'new' and 'innovative' and all that at the same time. Personally I think this album is a great melange of the both ... not trying too hard but still sounding a little different.

Only a tiny little sidenote/a little something I don't like that much: The intros of 'Songs of Sorrow' and 'We have it all' ... other than that well done indeed.

Really hope they're gonna perform some of these songs in July

I listened to it yesterday and very much enjoyed it. Zoli fits right in with the rest of the band and it still feels like Pennywise even without Jim. I'd have to give it a few more listens, though, before I really find a place for it among my favorite and least favorite Pennywise albums (Favorites albums at the moment are Full Circle and Reason to Believe.)

Default generic finpecia

Honeymoon returned and my husband feels like a teenager again with buy generic finpecia
    His erection is the same as at our first date 30 years ago. He feels like a man again, his penis is hard with a big head so he can be proud of it again.
    buy Proventil is used to treat or prevent bronchospasm in people with reversible obstructive airway disease. It is also used to prevent exercise-induced bronchospasm..
    Last edited by PriligySir; 04-28-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Just downloaded it, about to give it a spin.

Wow, I'm amazed at how much it sounds just like Pennywise. So many bands change completely with a new singer, but Pennywise sounds the same. I like Zoli's voice more than Jim's, though. I like this album. It's a solid punk album. Nothing more, nothing less. Since I don't really listen to punk much anymore, this album probably won't get too much play for me, but probably more than the last few albums have. I loved Full Circle and Straight Ahead, and then I started to get kinda bored with Pennywise. The new singer brings some life and freshness that could keep me interested for a while.
    Last edited by Llamas; 04-22-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

First time listening to the full album was a little bit like when I first listened to Let Us Hear Your Voice. It was not good, but got better when you. It is still, a bit bland. Not as well as I had hoped, but a record that I can listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer lter bra.

the album is pretty generic reason to believe is much better

I still haven't found the time to listen to the new album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."