Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know anyone famous?

My Best friend knows Ryker Lynch, an extra on gLee.
    I've met Ashon Kutcher.... He lived near my grandmother at one point.

Some of the Victoria Royals go to my school, I know a few of them, but they aren't exactly famous *yet*. Maybe one day, that's all I got.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

I met Billy Dee Williams a couple years ago. Got his signature and everything. I don't actually know him though. I'm just a nerd who waits in lines to get people's signature at comic-con.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I met Billy Dee Williams a couple years ago. Got his signature and everything. I don't actually know him though. I'm just a nerd who waits in lines to get people's signature at comic-con.
    I've got Mark Hamill's \o/

Oh, and while we're at it. I met Jackie Chan. And I didn't wait in line AT ALL.

We were watching Men in Black last summer and my boyfriend went on the balcony to look for something. He saw some activity and said "Hey, there's Jackie Chan downstairs !".

I basically answered "Yeah right, come back now, they found what the Galaxy is".

And then I realized he wasn't joking. turned out he was filming a movie and that the producing company is a small chinese company in my building. That was a very very cool day.
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 04-06-2012 at 02:34 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I've got Mark Hamill's \o/
    Trying to one-up on me? I'm jealous now.

Also, that Jackie Chan thing is pretty neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Default from American Idol

Allison Iraheta: that was before American Idol. she's all grown up now and I like some of her music but I can appreciate her for being real.
    Last edited by TheJakes84; 04-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

My Great Aunt essentially owns a small town in Georgia and is well connected in political / southern circles in general - I probably could have gotten into UGA on her recommendation alone had I wanted to - but she's not FAMOUS.

I've met a handful of Olympian swimmers - some way back from like 20 years ago - but I also met Michael Phelps once and warmed up at a swim meet in the same lane as Amanda Weir.

I guess some of my professors are 'famous' within their academic circles and many have published numerous books.

Oh, and I met Jane Goodall once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    My Great Aunt essentially owns a small town in Georgia and is well connected in political / southern circles in general - I probably could have gotten into UGA on her recommendation alone had I wanted to - but she's not FAMOUS.

I've met a handful of Olympian swimmers - some way back from like 20 years ago - but I also met Michael Phelps once and warmed up at a swim meet in the same lane as Amanda Weir.

I guess some of my professors are 'famous' within their academic circles and many have published numerous books.

Oh, and I met Jane Goodall once.
    It sounds like you're trying too hard to "know famous people". Having a well-connected great aunt is really unrelated to this thread, as is having published professors (whom most people who attend a decent university have). Michael Phelps would be the only truly famous person you've met. Jane Goodall counts, but I'm not so sure Amanda Weir does. I mean, by this logic, I've met tons of "famous" people. I've met the band Sister Hazel like 4 times, I met Better than Ezra once, I met No Use for a Name once and then on another occasion, I met and had a lengthy conversation with Matt Riddle from NUFAN, I met Jeremy Bernitz (former Milwaukee Brewer), I met Girl in a Coma at Best Buy, a lot of my college professors were very well-known in their respective fields (especially my ecology professor, who wrote a computer program that ecologists across the US now use to measure things like carrying capacity in an ecosystem), etc. I don't consider these people to be famous, because only select groups of people really know who they are or care about them.

However, once while I was waiting in line to hear Obama announce that he'd be the democratic nominee in 2008, he drove by in his SUV and waved out the window - I was about 5 meters away from him The funny part about that were all the girls who screamed like they'd just seen Brad Pitt. Also, my marching band played at Lambeau Field once, and Brett Favre walked directly past me omgomgomgomg! I also played at a few Vikings games and was very close to a lot of players, but didn't care about any of them.

The interesting thing about that was that the Vikings treated us much better than the Packers - I don't mean the players, but the organization. The Packers originally had planned for us to sit off to the side of the field, next to the bench, but then they decided they didn't want us in the way and made us sit in a room for the entire game. We only came out to do halftime. The Vikings had seating for us at every game, right by the endzone and just in general treated us much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

But its cool to have well connected great aunts. How else would we know to hit up Sidewinder ifin we were in GA......
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

This girl: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4305463/

She spent a year in Slovakia teaching English. I hung out with her a few times. She's a lot younger than me, and she's super-cute.