Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: JAPAN TOUR PUNKSPRING FESTIVAL 2012 (March 31rd, April 1st, April 3rd) Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    I don't mind it when people say "hey this reminds me of rise against, sounds cool"

What I hate is when people bash songs and say it sucks because it sounds like something else. Happend to the first song, which is now called Days Go By.

My message was intended only to those who come here just to say negative stuff.
    My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    That one only has a little chord progression similarity. And that has it obvious explanation. Not as much more similarity than Long Way Home and Can't Repeat.
    Yeah, but I still notice more similarity than Savior and The Future Is Now. It has an obvious explanation, but that riff is still a nearly perfect copy of As Long As We Can
    Last edited by Rooster; 03-31-2012 at 04:05 PM.

I don't mind it when people say "hey this reminds me of rise against, sounds cool"

What I hate is when people bash songs and say it sucks because it sounds like something else. Happend to the first song, which is now called Days Go By.

Well, that first version of "Days Go By" was way, waaaaaaay too much like that Foo Fighters song. In a way I'm glad people got upset about it because the second time we heard it, it was much different. I think as long as criticism remains constructive, it's perfectly okay.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Okay, the verses are somewhat similar, but that shit happens in songs. Not really a big deal. Nothing to get all worked up over. Hopefully we hear the whole song soon.

this is an updated more accurate version of lyrics

This city's made of diamond
    And tomorrow the glass will grow
    All the freedoms that divides us
    it's coming after me

Flashback 1984
    Now who's now, knock knock, knock'n at your door
    fuck? stripes? traps? riot? DD
    They are coming after me

Now! Life is not the same
    I'm one (maybe i admit?)
    Sparks turn into flames

now you take what you can get
    wakes? makes? me...dead?
    The future is now, now I disappear
    Now take...
    Save me from the liars
    The future is here, this is how I disappear

Money down the spiral
    with the lie, a better man?

I love coming here for the whole "we love The Offspring" experience. Love these new songs coming out and everyone enjoying and getting excited and such.

But when people come and start saying negative crap, it really puts the mood down. People start arguing and now when we listen to the new songs we'll be thinking "does this sound like that other band" ? You know what, I dare you to write a song that doesn't sound like something else.

I love Rise Against, and if it's a bit similar, hey that's great.
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Well, that first version of "Days Go By" was way, waaaaaaay too much like that Foo Fighters song. In a way I'm glad people got upset about it because the second time we heard it, it was much different. I think as long as criticism remains constructive, it's perfectly okay.
    Haven't they changed just the main riff? The rest of the song stayed pretty much untouched from what I remember. Maybe people getting upset was the reason to change it. In this case I liked the change, but not because it would be less similar, I simply liked the new riff more.

Constructive criticism is ok yes. But do comments like "oh noo, it sounds exactly like that song, why did they do it because it sucks" count as constructive criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    Well, if you haven't noticed, in my first post in this thread I mentioned the faint similarity, too. So in that part we agree. There are small similarities, just nowhere near enough to call the song a ripoff, which you didn't.
    Well, if you haven't noticed, my post wasn't meant for you.

But Dan M., I agree with your "second" post:

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I'll be honest with you though, the first time I heard that song, I didn't notice any similarity to any other song. All that was going on in my head was "wow this is awesome, great offspring sound".

Only later did I compare it to Times Like These, because of all the comments. And then of course after I listened to it again, it did remind me of FF.

Funny how these things work, because I'm a huge FF fan and I play instruments and such, and to me it was just a great song.

Sure, when criticism remains constructive, no problem, but don't come here just to ruin other peoples experience and joy you know?
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

"You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

"It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Beheaded View Post
    Well, if you haven't noticed, my post wasn't meant for you.
    I wasn't sure, so I just wanted to point out I have no beef with you, and things are cool

Sure, when criticism remains constructive, no problem, but don't come here just to ruin other peoples experience and joy you know?
    Been saying that here for years, and getting mixed results from it. Here's hoping!
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street