Thread: Greed or consideration?

Default Greed or consideration?

Metallica will come to my city in August, they originally set two dates for their shows, performing the albums Ride the Lightning and The Black Album, because of the anniversary of those releases, but due to overwhelming demand, they opened one more date. The first two dates were sold out after two hours on the pre-sale for a Bank's credit card holders, which is bullshit because the fans with no access to credit cards didn't have the opportunity to buy tickets, even when they camped for hours before the oficial sale, but no one opened the ticket office, so they made a riot and fucked up the fences of the recinct (lol, angry metalheads). Then, the third date also sold out on the pre-sale. The day after that I saw on the newspaper "Metallica confirmed two more dates!", the presale was today and again, the fucking shows were sold out after few hours of release, so they decided to open one more date, again... So, Metallica will give SIX shows in my city.

I know it's not greed, but I am also clear this is not consideration to the fans either, because of the policy of the sales sistem, first a presale for fan club members (charging three extra quotes: for presale, special presale, and ticketmaster charges). I don't really care too much, because I have my ticket (only one is enough, I have a friend who will attend to the 6 dates), but I think the elitist sale is bullshit. Complete bullshit.

What do you think?
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

This is TicketMaster you're talking about, right? I'm surprised you even have to question the fact that they're full of greed. TicketMaster is greedy and manipulative and rips off its fans at every angle. If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like TM made a deal with a bank to earn the bank more money and the bank would advertise for TM or something. Typical businesses doing business, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Metallica is not known for being best pals with their fans as well. Suing their fans for downloading a few Metallica songs is not the way to keep a fanbase. Although, Metallica did probably have nothing to with this issue of the tickets, but rather TicketMaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    This is TicketMaster you're talking about, right? I'm surprised you even have to question the fact that they're full of greed. TicketMaster is greedy and manipulative and rips off its fans at every angle. If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like TM made a deal with a bank to earn the bank more money and the bank would advertise for TM or something. Typical businesses doing business, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Metallica is not known for being best pals with their fans as well. Suing their fans for downloading a few Metallica songs is not the way to keep a fanbase. Although, Metallica did probably have nothing to with this issue of the tickets, but rather TicketMaster.
    Oh yes, of course Metallica didn't have anything to do about the policy, but they are the ones giving the show, and they get paid for it, that's what I'm talking about, everyones knows fucking TM is a soulless corporation.

-Gotta love bots...

It could always be worse, you could have paid good money to see some shitty, washed up band who haven't been remotely respectable for, like, 30 years or something. That would be super embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    It could always be worse, you could have paid good money to see some shitty, washed up band who haven't been remotely respectable for, like, 30 years or something. That would be super embarrassing.
    lolololo icwutudidthar. It's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    lolololo icwutudidthar. It's true.
    Sigh... sure their recent music is shit, but they were awesome... and live they are great, even with the worst live drummer of metal.

-Gotta love bots...