Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Justin Biber or: How I Learned to Stop Obsessing Over Music Created for Preteen Girls

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I actually listened to a shit load of AFI two weeks ago. Sing the Sorrow is such a fantastic album.
    Ugh, don't make me sick. Anything after Art of Drowning is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

In re: YOLO, when most kids use it, it's like "that word...I do not think it means what you think it means."

I really liked Sing the Sorrow when it came out, though I'm not sure if it was because I had just left my fiance who was a little crazy and took my not hating AFI as a personal affront against him, or because it's really good. Though I do continue to get "But Home is Nowhere" stuck in my head. But fuck that one song where they suddenly and inexplicably turn into VNV Nation after the first verse.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Ugh, don't make me sick. Anything after Art of Drowning is horrible.
    I've got the nephilim bat on my ribs on the left side. trupunx. And I do agree that pre-Sing the Sorrow AFI was better. However, as my taste in music has changed over the years, I cannot stand listening to their early albums. It literally gives me a headache. I just can't do the punk sound anymore. So really, I only like Art of Drowning and Black Sails in the Sunset.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    That's why people constantly complain about them. You've got brain dead people out there that throw YOLO into whatever they're writing simply because they know it's a popular thing to do. They're not thinking about whether or not it makes sense. "man i really liek when ppl hold elevader doors 4 u #warmfuzzyfeelin #YOLO" Yeah, doesn't make sense.

Then there's the other side to it all. The people that make it a point to bitch about other people using YOLO. They get way too bent out of shape over it - like it ruins their entire news feeds or something. Instead of moving on and ignoring it, they throw a bitch-fit which, ultimately, gets the YOLOer's attention and influences the YOLOer to post more YOLO tweets/posts/"insert random social media word for communication here." It's really a vicious cycle, and the only person getting hurt or pissed is the idiot that overreacts to the original YOLOing.

I think that's what you're getting at, PilZ-E.
    Huh. I'm usually up on internet stuff, and now I suddenly feel like such a loser (or maybe the opposite? hahaha). I'd literally never seen YOLO before Pilz's post. I wonder how I've missed this, but I guess I'm glad I have :P Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I really liked Sing the Sorrow when it came out, though I'm not sure if it was because I had just left my fiance who was a little crazy and took my not hating AFI as a personal affront against him, or because it's really good. Though I do continue to get "But Home is Nowhere" stuck in my head. But fuck that one song where they suddenly and inexplicably turn into VNV Nation after the first verse.
    It was my first AFI album, so I might be ridiculously biased toward loving it, as well... but I think it's genuinely a good album. Most of the stuff I loved 8 years ago doesn't have much replay value, but I still really enjoy that album. Which song sounds like VNV Nation, though??

This Celluloid Dream is my favorite song on STS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Which song sounds like VNV Nation, though??
    "Death of Seasons"

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    "Death of Seasons"
    Ha, I can't stand that song (absolute worst tune on STS), but I never would've associated it with VNV Nation. But god that song is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Ha, I can't stand that song (absolute worst tune on STS), but I never would've associated it with VNV Nation. But god that song is bad.
    It's horrible, VNV Nation is horrible, when AFI tries to sound like VNV it's horrible.

I...like both AFI's old and new stuff. Please don't hurt me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    I...like both AFI's old and new stuff. Please don't hurt me!
    I do too. I just don't really want to listen to the old stuff anymore. I remember really liking Crash Love, even though the title and artwork are hopelessly lame, but I don't listen to it at all anymore because the mastering clips so much.

I only know a few AFI songs and Come Out And Play is playing on my radio as I speak #YOLO

Am I doing it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."