Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Biber or: How I Learned to Stop Obsessing Over Music Created for Preteen Girls

^ Lets not put Led Zeppelin and Florence and the Machine in the same category tho.
    But yeah, that's about right.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Ahhh awesome diagram, Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    ^ Lets not put Led Zeppelin and Florence and the Machine in the same category tho.
    Technically, Florence's lyrics totally pwn Led Zeppelin's. Of course LZ was far superior to Florence musically... but we're comparing lyrics here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Yea Florence and the Machine are a thousand times more enjoyable.
    I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than bands like Bad Company or the Eagles any day.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

I don't know, well-made music doesn't always bring quality lyrics. The mid 90s Oasis is probably considered the best of the era yet they have lyrics like

"i'm feeling supersonic
    give me gin and tonic
    you can have it all but how much do you want it?
    you make me laugh
    give me your autograph
    can i ride with you in your bmw ?
    you can sail with me in my yellow submarine"

from Supersonic, another verse from the same song-

"i know a girl called elsa
    she's into alka seltzer
    she sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train
    she made me laugh
    i got her autograph
    she done it with a doctor on a helicopter
    she's sniffin in her tissue
    sellin' the big issue "

Some Might Say's chorus:

"cos i've been standing at the station
    in need of education in the rain
    you made no preparation for my reputation once again
    the sink is full of fishes
    cos she's got dirty dishes on the brain
    and my dog's been itchin'
    itchin' in the kitchen once again "

These two aren't band's prominent songs but they're singles and have music videos I believe.
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

Yeah, Sarah that puts it in pretty concise terms. If you can't find new music you like today, it's your own damn fault, no one else.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 04-13-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Technically, Florence's lyrics totally pwn Led Zeppelin's. Of course LZ was far superior to Florence musically... but we're comparing lyrics here.
    I can't listen to Florence long enough to distinguish lyrics beyond the horribly mediocre/annoying music (opinionopinionopinion), but I mean come on, they're just not in the same category in anyway. There are many great bands and artists writing great lyrics and music these days though. Florence and Zeppelin being compared just rubs me the wrong way
    Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Yea Florence and the Machine are a thousand times more enjoyable.
    Your name must be more appropriate than I thought :O
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post

These two aren't band's prominent songs but they're singles and have music videos I believe.
    You're right with this. Well made music does not need quality lyrics, it's a bonus if it has them. Oasis have much better lyrics than the song listed though, and Noel (the primary lyricist) has often said things about writing really nonsensical lyrics just because they sound good to the ear, which may not make them good lyrics from any kind of "deep meaning" stand point, but it makes them good lyrics for a musical reason, for a pop/rock band to write a single.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 04-13-2012 at 03:17 AM.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I'm always willing to try out different bands I haven't listened to, but I'm a little more hesitant if it's a new band, just because most of the "popular" music of today sucks in my opinion.

I end up liking about 10% of the bands people recommend to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Yeah, Sarah that puts it in pretty concise terms. If you can't find new music you like today, it's your own damn fault, no one else.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I'm always willing to try out different bands I haven't listened to, but I'm a little more hesitant if it's a new band, just because most of the "popular" music of today sucks in my opinion.

I end up liking about 10% of the bands people recommend to me.
    I kinda lol'd at this.

I can't listen to Florence long enough to distinguish lyrics beyond the horribly mediocre/annoying music (opinionopinionopinion), but I mean come on, they're just not in the same category in anyway. There are many great bands and artists writing great lyrics and music these days though. Florence and Zeppelin being compared just rubs me the wrong way
    I know, you only like female musicians if they're Irish (lololo), but damn, you're hating on Florence pretty hard here. Minus "Kiss with a Fist" (terrible song), she writes very interesting songs. She has a pretty weak voice and for that reason, not in a million years would I pay to see her live. But what I love about her is her talent for writing complex, layered songs with intriguing instrumentation. She's got a real knack for music arrangement.

But all that aside, in this thread, nobody posted any aural Florence - only lyrics :P This makes it very easy to see that her lyrics are really good without having to hear any of her music

Your name must be more appropriate than I thought
    I personally prefer to listen to Florence, even though LZ were 15x the musicians... at least Retard said she's more "enjoyable" and not "better". But he really lost me when he said he'd rather listen to Bieber than the Eagles...

You're right with this. Well made music does not need quality lyrics, it's a bonus if it has them. Oasis have much better lyrics than the song listed though, and Noel (the primary lyricist) has often said things about writing really nonsensical lyrics just because they sound good to the ear, which may not make them good lyrics from any kind of "deep meaning" stand point, but it makes them good lyrics for a musical reason, for a pop/rock band to write a single.
    I hate Oasis. But you know I agree that lyrics are the mustard on my bratwurst. I'll eat a bratwurst without mustard, but I'm not gonna scoop out a big spoon of mustard and eat it alone. Awesome lyrics can't make up for crappy music, but awesome music doesn't need lyrics at all. Unless it's rap. I simply can not tolerate rap that's about bitches and hoes and money and drugs and that's it. I don't care how talented the rapper is in terms of flow and rhythm, and I really don't care about how good the beat is, because I don't listen to rap for a beat.
    Last edited by Llamas; 04-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I know, you only like female musicians if they're Irish (lololo)
    These ladies beg to differ. (I realise you don't really believe this, but I like sharing links)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJF-mB6q94
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYEU91d8ngc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPeTC7bH6E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDmth1YZI7k
    (I could go on and on and on!) I just don't like mediocre music regardless of gender

Other than that I agree with everything you said, and I was merely teasing Retard
    Last edited by mrconeman; 04-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    I only listen to Mamaleek now. It's the only non-commercial music. It is the only music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qg8vut4dZ0
    Commercial music sucks, Mamaleek is the only music.

MAMALEEK IS THE ONLY MUSIC.