Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Biber or: How I Learned to Stop Obsessing Over Music Created for Preteen Girls

Yeah, I wasn't sure about Mike and Jakebert still posting here because I talk to them elsewhere sometimes, so I guess they're just in the back of my mind. Even I listened to RAFRAG a couple times when it came out, though. I actually listened to the self-titled album a couple weeks ago, it's probably the first time I've listened to them since RAFRAG, it held up pretty well, in my opinion.

I got in a drunken argument at work about Freddie Mercury being better at singing than John Bonham could ever hope to be at drumming. Of course that is a ridiculous comparison, but everyone was drunk, it was funny, and fuck people saying any band is better than Queen.
    I wrote a four word letter.

A lot of you guys are a lot smarter than me when it comes to Offspring related topics, but I'd say I listen to them more than any band. I listen to them practically daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    A lot of you guys are a lot smarter than me when it comes to Offspring related topics, but I'd say I listen to them more than any band. I listen to them practically daily.
    Whoa. For how long have you been doing that? I don't listen to any band or singer almost daily - not even weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I go through phases where I'll listen to a single band most days for like a week, it usually doesn't last long. The bands I have done it with recently are Modest Mouse and Andrew Jackson Jihad.

I listen to punk/metal/ bands and dubstep artists daily. Like today I listened to The Offspring, NOFX, DevilDriver, Insomnium, Frenzal Rhomb, Zomboy, and Rusko so I guess I can say that I listen to my top 3 genres daily
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

Yeah... I haven't had an Offspring song on my computer for over five years, I think. And it's like you said. It's not that I don't like them or think they suck; I've just not listened to them in ages and feel no urge to listen to them. I can definitely say that they molded my musical taste into what it is now (thankfully). Otherwise, I'd still be listening to... metal. *shudders* How the Offspring is related to my taste in music (DIGI)evolving into loving math-rock with my mouth hole, I don't know.

Now let's say an Offspring song comes on the radio (lol who uses the radio?). I wouldn't change the station. I'd leave it on, smile, and probably sing along. But I wouldn't go home and listen to them for the rest of the night.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I go through phases where I'll listen to a single band most days for like a week, it usually doesn't last long. The bands I have done it with recently are Modest Mouse and Andrew Jackson Jihad.
    AAAAAAAAHHH! I want to orally please you so badly right now...
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I do it for a week or two at a time, absolutely. I recently did it with Tool, M.I.A., Offspring, AFI, and probably a couple others. It lasts a week or two and then I'm on to something else.

PS: Modest Mouse is pretty great. I saw them at a festival a couple years ago. They're my sister's favorite band - she's got a tattoo across her chest that says "the world is my ashtray" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

How old is your sister again?

I actually listened to a shit load of AFI two weeks ago. Sing the Sorrow is such a fantastic album.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    AAAAAAAAHHH! I want to orally please you so badly right now...
    The best thing about them is that I always find new songs to fall in love with. Well, not new, but songs I only kind of listened to, then suddenly they click and I want to listen to them over and over and over. Currently, I'm really into Lives, Other Peoples Lives, and Bukowski.