Page 20 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: cruising california(bumpin in my trunk)

Ehhhh...not really liking it tbh.

fun fun fun FUN

So, um, guys...

I think this may be in the process of going viral. For all of the wrong reasons.

Look at the traffic in this thread. Add to that that I have already had 2 Facebook friends (who were not mutual friends) share this song, both describing it as "awful." And I think only one of those friends listens to the Offspring at all. That's pretty impressive given that it just hit the 'net last night, streaming on some obscure Australian website.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that people are grumpy and buzzkills. The response in this thread has been overwhelmingly positive, to the point where I feel like I'm in a parallel universe or something. I mean, people shit on Fix You but love this? I'm truly baffled.

I wouldn't blame anyone for hating this song, but I don't think there's been nearly as much complaining as every other time a new album comes out. And I, for one, have not let this lower my expectations for the album.
    Well, I see what you mean. This song is deffinitely NOT something I'd expect or want from one of my favorite bands.

But it's not something that I'd completely hate either. It seems like a fun song, catchy enough not to skip when listening to the album. And it IS catchy as hell. If this is the low point of the album I'm okay with it. But if anything on the album goes beyond this then well... I might burn something.

I'm one of those who don't like Fix You. It's certainy less silly than this, but at the same time it doesn't have any substance in my opinion, it's just bland, a meh song for me. At least this is fun. It's not something I'd listen to because it would be great (it isn't), but in the context of the album it might just do the job of bringing diversity and lighten up the tone a bit. Didn't Dexter say this album would have a joke song or two, but would otherwise be rather dark and serious? Well, I bet this is one of those fun, light-hearted songs. I wouldn't worry about the rest of the album just because of this one sub-par song.

So in the end, I'm getting quite mixed feelings about this. It's deffinitely not the kind of music I listen to and I'm a bit disappointed. But at the same time the chorus is just so damn catchy that I can't get it out of my head.

Oh, and how come there's no accusations that The Offspring ripped off this song yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    Oh, and how come there's no accusations that The Offspring ripped off this song yet?
    Man, to me it sounds more like California Gurls. Especially the auto-tuned "California".
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

Dunno man, the part of "Teenage Dream" from 0:52 to 1:24 reminds me very much of the chorus in Cruising California

I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor88 View Post
    Dunno man, the part of "Teenage Dream" from 0:52 to 1:24 reminds me very much of the chorus in Cruising California
    Haha, yeah, now I kinda hear that.
    Or could it just be that all three songs sound alike?
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

jsmak84 is my new favorite BBS member.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Could be

So, what do we know about the new album by now: they ripped off Foo Fighters, Rise Against and Katy Perry. This isn't going too well