View Poll Results: Was recording Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) a good idea?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 65.42%
  • No

37 34.58%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Cruising California be a hit?

i cant stop listening to it..
    i've got a bad feeling that this won't be released outside of oz, a bit like spare me the details (which also had potential). i think this should break them into the mainstream again if released with a good video.

like i said, i can't stop listening to it.

"I know you heard that bass, bumpin' in my truck, bumpin' in my trunk"

haha its excellent. And for all the haters who bitch that they aren't punk anymore, who gives a fuck, they are nearly 50, they are millionnaires and they have made it, what have they got to be angry about?

i for one enjoy this, and i think it should be a biggy this summer!
    bullshite..

I honestly think they not sure about whether to do Cruising California as a single in the NA, so they are testing it out on the Aussies, see if they like it first. This is not the first time they've singles exclusive to another country.

I hope it will be a hit, we need girls in floss thick g strings at offspring shows

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I hope it will be a hit, we need girls in floss thick g strings at offspring shows
    Only if those girls all look like Noodles' guitar tech. That elephant g-string was hottt, with three T's.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Only if those girls all look like Noodles' guitar tech. That elephant g-string was hottt, with three T's.
    or.. or.. or.. you

actually, I'd settle for an either/or

You guys are giving the passive listening audience way too much credit.
    Do you think half the people that will hear this song and enjoy it, will have any idea who the fuck the Offspring even are?
    (Given that I don't think anyone above the age of 12 could actually hear this and enjoy it)

You can't tell age through the radio, and they probably won't appear in the video.

I think it definitely could be a hit. People will not listen to the lyrics, and they will hear "CALIFORNIAAAAaAaAa" in that auto-tuned fucking horrible mess, and think it's some new electro pop band.

That said though, I hope this doesn't become a hit. I love proclaiming that I'm a huge fan of the Offspring, to people who know me as being way into other genres that they deem more respectable, and then changing their minds when they realise there is A LOT more to this band than Pretty Fly (this and Original Prankster completely ruined their credibility among people who just don't know).

If this song becomes a hit, and if this song becomes the song this band are associated to, I will have absolutely no case in defending them. This song is indefensibly bad. And this isn't just whiplash reaction anymore, I've listened to it a few times today, and it gets progressively worse. It's fucking awful.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

This song was played in a Finnish radio station today. I don't know wether it'll be the first single, but DGB haven't been played yet.

Smart people will enjoy it as a funny & a sarcastic song. Dumb people will enjoy it as a serious song. And then, the 3rd kind of people, too serious people or tru punx fans will do a negative campaign. Obvious hit. Or maybe it'll just simply fail...

Quote Originally Posted by Degstur Lolland View Post
    Smart people will enjoy it as a funny & a sarcastic song. Dumb people will enjoy it as a serious song. And then, the 3rd kind of people, too serious people or tru punx fans will do a negative campaign. Obvious hit. Or maybe it'll just simply fail...
    Or, people could just not like the song.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Because it's terrible.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now