View Poll Results: Was recording Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) a good idea?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    70 65.42%
  • No

    37 34.58%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 141

Thread: Will Cruising California be a hit?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,752


    Default

    I'm actually surprised at the poll results
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  2. #102


    Default

    I think the song's pretty fun in a "they're spoofing the genre and having a lot of fun" type of way, but all in all, probably a mistake to record. Many won't get the joke and it'll just add fuel to their claims that The Offspring are "no longer punk."

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    It's funny how so many people are bashing the song, yet the poll says different.
    The thread isn't asking if we like it, it's asking do we think it has the potential to be a hit.

    For example - I do not like this song, I think it's definitely the worst thing I've ever heard this band do, but I do however think it could be a hit radio song. You see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post

    Here's hoping that didn't any sort of pain or a migraine or something and you'll attempt being constructive again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    As for your other comments: stalking? really... that's ALL you could come up with? stalking... jeez. You poor fuck...
    llololololololololololironylolololol
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,497


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    llololololololololololironylolololol
    Irony has a very very specific and narrow meaning. It means that you do something with a specific intention and it has the exact opposite effect . IE: it is ironic if you send food aid to starving children in africa, and as the crate gets pushed out of the plane the parachute breaks and kills the little kid that is waiting below the plane for the food aid.

    That's ironic..
    How is what you just said ironic? You were trying to run me into a stalker (?) and you turned into one (?).

    Can you please pay attention to the language we all agreed on, if it's not too much trouble?

    Thanks.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    You should probably pay attention to how quoting works. Where in the blue fuck did I say anything *I* said was ironic?

    What *you* said was ironic, not what *I* said. Obviously.

    And since you'll crymoar about this, I'll explain. Complaining that all I could come up with was "stalking" (Also, not actually trying to come up with anything, you just actually have a fully realised obsession with this band) while what you came up with was weak as fuck bullshit like "ololol i hopez my amzing intelekt didn hrt ur tiny brianz" while spouting some of the stupidest shit I've read on here.

    Seriously though dude, the false superiority thing only works if you aren't coming off with some of the most immature and idiotic nonsense I've seen on this board. You should probably leave that angle, it really doesn't work for you.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    sonic death knell
    Posts
    23


    Default

    With Bumpin' sounding like a Katy Perry song and Days sounding like a Foo Fighters song I'm actually wondering what the rest of the album will be like.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nykoping, Sweden
    Posts
    1,937


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by will2k View Post
    With Bumpin' sounding like a Katy Perry song and Days sounding like a Foo Fighters song I'm actually wondering what the rest of the album will be like.
    there will be:
    a korn style song
    an ac\dc style song
    a shakira style song
    a skrillex featuring song
    a linkin park electronic style song


    that's what we know for now!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,497


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    You should probably pay attention to how quoting works. Where in the blue fuck did I say anything *I* said was ironic?

    What *you* said was ironic, not what *I* said. Obviously.

    And since you'll crymoar about this, I'll explain. Complaining that all I could come up with was "stalking" (Also, not actually trying to come up with anything, you just actually have a fully realised obsession with this band) while what you came up with was weak as fuck bullshit like "ololol i hopez my amzing intelekt didn hrt ur tiny brianz" while spouting some of the stupidest shit I've read on here.

    Seriously though dude, the false superiority thing only works if you aren't coming off with some of the most immature and idiotic nonsense I've seen on this board. You should probably leave that angle, it really doesn't work for you.
    Oh ok.. I see you weren't trying to actually come up with anything, but all you could come up with was...

    I see what you did there

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Portugal (Aveiro/Lisbon)
    Posts
    5,891


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    there will be:
    a korn style song
    an ac\dc style song
    a shakira style song
    a skrillex featuring song
    a linkin park electronic style song


    that's what we know for now!
    Don't forget Green Day. Maybe OC GUNS is a rip off of 21 GUNS.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

    Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Posts
    864


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    Don't forget Green Day. Maybe OC GUNS is a rip off of 21 GUNS.
    Ou..... Ouuuu Ccccc Guns!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •