View Poll Results: Was recording Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) a good idea?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    70 65.42%
  • No

    37 34.58%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 141

Thread: Will Cruising California be a hit?

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Parallel Universe
    Posts
    361


    Default

    I voted for "yes" because I like this song for some unknown reason (I really don't know why I like it) but I believe that it was not a good idea. The band's image will be damaged to the non Offspring fans' eyes but somebody can say: Who cares?
    Last edited by Defender; 05-02-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    Enslave my mind...

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    Don't forget Green Day. Maybe OC GUNS is a rip off of 21 GUNS.
    We should get Degster Lolland on this. He'll likely predict the pre-chorus for us in a matter of 27 seconds.




    My radio is playing Come Out And Play right now, which is causing the existence of California Cruising to bother me even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,946


    Default

    This song is definitely going to be a hit, I've only heard it once and it's already stuck in my head.
    I'm just a sucker with no self esteem
    myspace
    ......

  4. #134
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    sonic death knell
    Posts
    23


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Yeah, the thread title and the poll question threw me off, as well. I voted in terms of the thread title. I dunno if I'd call the song a "good idea", but I think it could be a hit.
    Critical reading is a lifeskill.

    Quote Originally Posted by I don't know View Post
    This song is definitely going to be a hit, I've only heard it once and it's already stuck in my head.
    Isn't that the point? I don't see what the big hub-bub about this single is.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,161


    Default

    it is nice for a band to try new things.some of them may work out some others not, but experiments are good to try
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

    Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,300


    Default

    Still not sure about either. As for the recording part: Well they can record whatever they feel like - releasing it in AUS (of all things) as the first single of DGB ... I don't know.

    It sure as hell caused some attention which can be a good thing but doesn't necessarily have to be.

    I'm still wondering what people would say if not The Offspring released that same song but some other band did (not gonna name a band here). Would the same people like and embrace it that much too? What I'm going at here is are people just in favor of it because it's their favorite band that recorded it or because they like the song itself ... hell of a difference as far as I'm concerned

    Edit:
    And I'm actually wondering what the (other) "few kinda fun songs" on the album are gonna be like ...
    Last edited by samseby; 05-03-2012 at 08:19 AM.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nykoping, Sweden
    Posts
    1,883


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    Still not sure about either. As for the recording part: Well they can record whatever they feel like - releasing it in AUS (of all things) as the first single of DGB ... I don't know.

    It sure as hell caused some attention which can be a good thing but doesn't necessarily have to be.

    I'm still wondering what people would say if not The Offspring released that same song but some other band did (not gonna name a band here). Would the same people like and embrace it that much too?
    you know, you have to think about bands who could make a song like this, obviously pennywise, rise against, afi, couldn't ever do a song like this, too serious. but mxpx, old blink, guttermouth, bloodhoung gang, why not? maybe with some polemics around it, but it wouldn't be a tragedy like it isn't for a band like the offspring

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    537


    Default

    Why don't you all just shut up? The argument should be done by now. Both sides have stated their opinion at least a thousand and one times, why are you still saying it? Let bygones be bygones and get back to the topic at hand. Do you need a reminder as to what that is?

    My lord.
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    I'm sure this song will continue to be discussed for the next few years. I'm in acceptance right now. I'm recovering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,300


    Default

    Me ... just "trying" to answer the thread title respectively the poll

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •