Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: The advice thread experiment

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Taco Land
    Posts
    472


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    So, now that this thread finally looks like dying, was it everything you hoped it would be?
    I didn't hope anything, it was just an experiment, I really wanted to see if people would man (or woman) up and share something, It seemed, at least based on my perception, that there were some people kinda having a bad time and maybe this site would help those people feel some sympathy or whatever from the users. I also came up with this because when I think about my motivation of posting here, I can never get to a conclusion, but I always get this sense of belonging and entertainment, I don't know how to say it, but it's nice, even if sometimes I get mocked and ridiculed. Can you tell me what is your motivation to come and post on this BBS? I don't believe it is because you're a troll and you like to be an asshole just because you can, because if it is the reason, you're definitely not the person you portray.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    You were told it would be a resounding failure, and you chose to make it anyway. Claiming it entertains you is clearly false, since you've all but ruptured your uterus in your pissy little attempts to force people to participate in the manner you want them to participate. Disclaiming it with "it's just an experiment" doesn't pass muster in this case, unless the 'experiment' was seeing how much of an annoying asshole you could be before people told you to shut the fuck up. Even then it's a pretty redundant experiment, since your past hissyfits have answered that question half a dozen times already.
    Are you telling me I should lose my individuality and do as people tell me to do? Everyone posts about what they want, why shouldn't I do the same? There are threads with 2 replies, or even none... that doesn't make the threads less legitimate, if you understand what I'm saying. And yes, it was an experiment, just like any other thread. About the annoying asshole, that is for you to judge and decide, but it really doesn't mean anything, because I know who I am and which are my intentions, there are people who get it and people who judge, like you. I never thought that my attempts of making people participate correctly would be taken seriously, I was actually hoping to be insulted, to contribute to the good fun, but alas I was ignored, until the moderatrix and you pointed out, cause anybody else seemed to have a problem with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    So I guess my question is, are you going to invent some sort of unconvincing conclusion to your grand experiment and post your "findings" to try to convince us that you succeeded all along in discovering whatever the fuck you'll insist you were trying to discover, or are you going to admit that it was an ill-conceived mistake on your part, apologise to the good people of the forum for wasting their time, and bury this stillborn fucking abomination of a thread before you make yourself look even worse?
    To answer your question, no, I won't conclude anything, there was no hypothesis in this "experiment", I don't see the mistake, and if you are telling me I'm making people waste their time, well... then we are all wasting our time on this bbs.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

    Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,009


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    I really wanted to see if people would man (or woman) up and share something, It seemed, at least based on my perception, that there were some people kinda having a bad time and maybe this site would help those people feel some sympathy or whatever from the users.
    People have been asking for advice here for years. It's totally normal, and there's no "manning up" involved. It makes no sense, however to make a thread for advice. It's awkward, it's forced... and if multiple people post asking for advice, it instantly becomes a mess of unrelated posts. People make a new thread when they really need advice. It's simple.

    I also came up with this because when I think about my motivation of posting here, I can never get to a conclusion, but I always get this sense of belonging and entertainment, I don't know how to say it, but it's nice, even if sometimes I get mocked and ridiculed. Can you tell me what is your motivation to come and post on this BBS?
    You're strangely hung up on motivation to come here. I think most people come here out of boredom and procrastination. That's pretty much my motivation.

    Are you telling me I should lose my individuality and do as people tell me to do? Everyone posts about what they want, why shouldn't I do the same? There are threads with 2 replies, or even none... that doesn't make the threads less legitimate, if you understand what I'm saying.
    Horrible comparison. Those other threads weren't made after asking people if the thread should be made and having people tell them reasons why it shouldn't be made... and after they were made, the posters didn't beg people to post in the thread.

    And yes, it was an experiment, just like any other thread. About the annoying asshole, that is for you to judge and decide, but it really doesn't mean anything, because I know who I am and which are my intentions, there are people who get it and people who judge, like you. I never thought that my attempts of making people participate correctly would be taken seriously, I was actually hoping to be insulted, to contribute to the good fun, but alas I was ignored, until the moderatrix and you pointed out, cause anybody else seemed to have a problem with it.
    My god, you are far too whiny. If you know Baldwin likes making fun of people and getting a rise out of them, why on earth do you reply to him with such detail and emotion?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Taco Land
    Posts
    472


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    ...My god, you are far too whiny. If you know Baldwin likes making fun of people and getting a rise out of them, why on earth do you reply to him with such detail and emotion?
    Everything you posted before what I quote is true, so no comment on that, but well, maybe you think I'm too whiny because that's how you interpret my speech, but I am relaxed whilst replying to the things he said, I actually like this dude Baldwin, I do not intend to shut him up at all, on the contrary, but I can't help myself but to express what I think about the things he addresses to me, and I reply with such detail and emotion because this is how I am, I overthink stuff and I like to analyze things and reply to people, maybe it's annoying but, this is the purpose of the BBS, to argue and debate about things, and I thought the boredom and procrastination was understood, but you can entertain yourself in any other site, the reason people posts here is because of the same interest we all share, which is The Offspring, of course, but why taking the likes for their music further? And with strangers on the internet? There can be many reasons, but I tell you the truth when I say I'm not sure about which are mine.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

    Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    this is the purpose of the BBS, to argue and debate about things
    I disagree. In order for me to hold this position, we must not argue about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Taco Land
    Posts
    472


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I disagree. In order for me to hold this position, we must not argue about it.
    Oh, yes, I didn't mean to argue argue, I meant to debate and exchange ideas and points of view, but not negatively.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

    Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,754


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    Oh, yes, I didn't mean to argue argue, I meant to debate and exchange ideas and points of view, but not negatively.
    Fair enough. I was just being difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •