Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that needs to be brought to everyone's attention (GOD Link of the Day)

Default Something that needs to be brought to everyone's attention (GOD Link of the Day)

Yes, GOD links are returning. Only this time it's not someone swearing in horribly broken English, kicking some kid's ass because they don't like the Offspring, or pointing out how to spell the latest drummer's name backwards.

Nope. It's the Offspring's actual new Australian single. Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk)

Since a lot of older members frequent GC, and since many people here have long since stopped listening to the Offspring, I thought this thread was necessary. I mean it sincerely when I say that everyone should listen to this, including and especially those who don't listen to the band anymore.

Please keep the forum guidelines in mind when you reply. That being said, I am fully embracing the ridiculousness of this song and kind of hope it goes viral. I laughed for about 5 minutes upon hearing this song.

In the unlikely event that this doesn't do it for you and you want the old type of GOD Link of the Day back, just read any post by jsmak84.

Edit: Fuck it, here's a direct youtube link, but I had to link to the thread in order for it to technically qualify as a GOD link: Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk). I really hope this brings some old members out of the woodwork.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

I actually thought of posting a sound clip featuring my reaction while listening to it. It could have been priceless or maybe cheesy just like the song.

As I remember, I bursted hard when Dexter goes "Oi, oi, let's go!" and after 40 seconds when the female part came in.
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

I stopped listening when CO1 came out.

Ignition RULZ!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Then you missed When You're in Prison, probaby the greatest song ever written about suggestive buttsecks.

About Bumpin'..., there was a point I kinda hoped it's a parody, not an actual song we'll see on the album but.. that is a one great effort. Dexter rappin' and those "Californiaaaa" howls in the background..
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    I really hope this brings some old members out of the woodwork.
    I miss RickyCrack.

Original Prankster vs. Cruisin' California.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Original Prankster vs. Cruisin' California.
    Ice Ice Baby

Ice Ice Baby vs. Ice Ice Baby?
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Ice Ice Baby

Ice Ice Baby vs. Ice Ice Baby?
    Original Prankster.

Original Prankster vs. Original Prankster?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The song is actually along the lines of what the Offspring should have done about ten years ago: embraced the fact they make pop music and just gone for it. This song does that, save for the Ramones reference with the vocal intro.

Did we... Did we just get a black guy?
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.