Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dexter with a Gibson...Wait, what?

Default Dexter with a Gibson...Wait, what?

Yeah, that's not a Gibson. It looks to be a Les Paul style guitar, but not a Gibson, it's an Ibanez. Every major guitar company has some kind of Les Paul rip off.

Also, people who are official endorsees are not contractually obliged to never play any other brand ever again. Plenty of artists are endorsed by more than one guitar company, and plenty of guitarists have an endorsement with one company, and play their guitars, but also use a plethora of other equipment too. Like how Slash is a Gibson endorsee but frequently plays a BC Rich Mockingbird.

p.s. that is the worst vocal performance I've ever heard him do.

edit: after checking, Dexter seems to be using two of these (one red, one black) one is probably using a different set of pickups.
    http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...1&series_id=80

edit 2 : I do remember a few years ago when Dexter did mention that he retired that famous RG that he is mostly associated with:
    Last edited by mrconeman; 05-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

It's still an Ibanez as already pointed out.... I think he liked the neck! Les paul's style neck is sooooo cool to play!

and no, it's not different pick ups, it's different tuning, just like the silver and black diamond plated rg's. they all got some guitars in standard tuning and one one step lower

Ahh, cool. I thought it might be tuning, but I was pretty sure they play half a step down for every song live.

Learn something new every day
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Ahh, cool. I thought it might be tuning, but I was pretty sure they play half a step down for every song live.

Learn something new every day
    they have few songs they play in standard tuning, like cgmhay, want you bad and hammerhead oh and days go by now which has capo on 3rd fret

Does it really matter what guitar Mr. Dexter Holland is using ,eh? He plays the newer ones very well. I'm a fan. So rad. Screw the old guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Does it really matter what guitar Mr. Dexter Holland is using ,eh? He plays the newer ones very well. I'm a fan. So rad. Screw the old guitars.
    well it's important in sound terms... you can hear a big difference in the clean sound for example, it's so fatter! then it depends what you're interested in...I as a guitar player I'm really into all this stuff, guitars, amps, strings, pedals, and all the possible shit.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    well it's important in sound terms... you can hear a big difference in the clean sound for example, it's so fatter! then it depends what you're interested in...I as a guitar player I'm really into all this stuff, guitars, amps, strings, pedals, and all the possible shit.
    Sorry, excuse my ignorance . I'm not a guitar player but I can respect the fact that you are a guitar player and knows the fucks you are talking abouts. Thanks for sharing some cool info about the equipment stuff. From now on, I shall stick by shutting up my mouth and not opening it for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Sorry, excuse my ignorance . I'm not a guitar player but I can respect the fact that you are a guitar player and knows the fucks you are talking abouts. Thanks for sharing some cool info about the equipment stuff. From now on, I shall stick by shutting up my mouth and not opening it for shit.
    ahah why so hard with yourself dude? fans have different interests about the band, that's cool too. I can understand that if someone talks about something you're not interested in you're like "what's all that about? who cares? and so on"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    ahah why so hard with yourself dude? fans have different interests about the band, that's cool too. I can understand that if someone talks about something you're not interested in you're like "what's all that about? who cares? and so on"
    Oh totally, bro. Agreed. Indeed. My bad, I guess being a girl can bring me cheers and go boy crazy HAHA. Just a sucker for boys that are musicians.