Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tom Gabel comes out as trangendered

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...s_a_woman.html
    I get the Laure Jane, but why is she Grace now instead of Gabel? Also, where's her wife in all this?
    Grace is her mother's maiden name, and she has had a falling out with her father, but she is very close to her mother.

Full interview is now available on Rolling Stone's website
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

That does make sense. For a while I thought she had given herself two middle names and was going by Laura Jane Grace Gabel. I think I did see a couple of articles referring to her by that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Talking

Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

Rise and Time To Think, Rage and Serious Decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

It honestly makes me very happy to see that his(her?) wife is staying married though.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Rise and Time To Think, Rage and Serious Decision.
    Post of the year.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Goddamn The Vandals are terrible.

Here is a more related video:
    http://www.mtv.com/videos/shows/hous...tml#id=1699224

It's about Laura's new lifestyle as a trans. She never appeared to me as feminine when she was male, but I feel she is going over the top to be as feminine as possible here. I can understand that she wants to "max" her feeling of being female by appearing like that, but it feels awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Goddamn The Vandals are terrible.
    I used to enjoy them in college... dumb humor (Get a Room and My Girlfriend's Dead are pretty fun). But I never liked the song cool2hate posted. Very transphobic.

It's about Laura's new lifestyle as a trans. She never appeared to me as feminine when she was male, but I feel she is going over the top to be as feminine as possible here. I can understand that she wants to "max" her feeling of being female by appearing like that, but it feels awkward.
    I find this to be a common thread with trans folks, and I can't say I understand it - probably because I'm cisgender and it's unrelatable. Personally, I'm less feminine than most women, even most of my friends, though I still am more feminine than masculine (definitely not androgynous). I find both extreme masculinity and femininity to be obnoxious and ridiculous, and it's even odder to me when someone who's dealing with gender dysphoria jumps to the extreme of their inner gender. I guess it's probably a result of feeling trapped inside the wrong body for so long, that when they finally get to escape, they embrace the opposite entirely. Maybe kinda like how I was raised Christian and under all those rules and such, and when I finally reached adulthood and got to be myself, I became super atheist for a spell before realizing what I actually believed.

Thanks for sharing the link, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk