Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Gabel comes out as trangendered

Really fucking admirable: good on her. When I first heard The Ocean, i i thought Gabel was incredibly brave with those lyrics: not many punk frontman would be able to talk (sing) openly about such subject matter.

Against Me! is my favorite band, and (as selfish as this sounds) I am somewhat curious to know if this process for her will have an impact on their future, but what's really important is their own personal well being: and if she sounds incredibly different, i'll always have their old records: it's silly to feel upset about this (in fact it should be celebrated).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Personally, I'm not sure how to take this situation. It seems like some kind of elaborate practical joke, mostly because of how out of the ordinary it appears. If it is indeed true, then that would be kinda interesting to see how it pans out. I wonder how this would effect Against Me! and their music.
    i think it might be a publicity stunt

i heard against me on the radio 2 times today last time i heard them played on the radio was 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    i think it might be a publicity stunt

i heard against me on the radio 2 times today last time i heard them played on the radio was 2010
    There are so many easier ways to get publicity than turning your penis into a vagina and irreversibly altering the course of your life.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

In offspring related news: Pete Parada tweeted this recently (around the time of the Gabel announcement): i wonder if its related

"let all love be good love. boo to those in judgement. a heartbreaking lack of empathy. i expected and hoped for better."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    There are so many easier ways to get publicity than turning your penis into a vagina and irreversibly altering the course of your life.
    *chop chop* already happened?
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    In offspring related news: Pete Parada tweeted this recently (around the time of the Gabel announcement): i wonder if its related

"let all love be good love. boo to those in judgement. a heartbreaking lack of empathy. i expected and hoped for better."
    im pretty sure that was about the north carolina vote last night

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    *chop chop* already happened?
    Don't think it's happened yet, but with all the publicity...if I were her, I'd feel like I had to go through with it.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Yeah this is definitely one of those "I said I was gonna so do it, so I'd better go through with it it"-kinda thing.

I can imagine it being a publicity stunt though, it seems to work really well, I'm reading and hearing everywhere about it. Before that, the only time I would ever hear about Against Me! is the "Other Bands" section or an occasional play in my big ass Winamp playlist while on shuffle.

I think this video has tripled its views in the past few days, while it's been up for nearly 4 years. (A great performance though, must say that.)

I highly doubt that it's a publicity stunt, he's definitely going for (losing) it. But if it were one, it's working incredibly well. That's why I wouldn't want to completely rule it out.
    * !

I'm pretty sure she'd be 100% sure about it before announcing it to the world, but that's just me.

Re: voice stuff; it's possible to have surgery to make your voice more feminine, but it's risky and can make your voice disappear altogether. It's also possible to train your voice to sound a lot more feminine (women use their vocal cords in a different way to men, iirc), but I think that's a lot harder to do if you're trying to sing at the same time.
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

I just read this today...am I the only one who thought that it's gonna be weird living with his wife? Like, in a penis-free household? Will his/her wife get a boyfriend? Damn...this is weird, but thumbs up for the guts to do it!

PS- Tijs, what did you mean, "Davey Havoc and all"?
    Fill me in please.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.