Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why remake Dirty Magic?

Default Why remake Dirty Magic?

Has this been adressed? Sorry if I've been off the wagon lately, I haven't bothered to read all threads with over 100 responses, so I'll just make my own..

As far as I know, they're remaking it because they want it to become more known to a wider audience. Now, if this is the case, why not just play it live at every show? Instead of stealing off a spot on the tracklist for a completely new song?

Why not just make it a bonus track?

Why?
    My YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/Youthenergy
    Check out some of my artwork Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypodermic_89 View Post
    Has this been adressed? Sorry if I've been off the wagon lately, I haven't bothered to read all threads with over 100 responses, so I'll just make my own..

As far as I know, they're remaking it because they want it to become more known to a wider audience. Now, if this is the case, why not just play it live at every show? Instead of stealing off a spot on the tracklist for a completely new song?

Why not just make it a bonus track?

Why?
    Just because. And not every fan can go to their live shows.

Because it stops them writing anything like Cruising California for at least one track on the album.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

If they just dropped it into the setlists, people wouldn't know it. Didn't someone post here that even at the secret show at Chain Reaction in Anaheim people didn't know a song from Smash, so they just stood there?

I don't think it's "stealing" a spot on the tracklist for a new song. If they wanted to have an additional new song on the album, they would have written one.

From what I heard of it at the rehearsal party this weekend, they gave it a nice update without altering the riff. I was nervous about how the new version would come out, but I really like how they did it.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

They redid Dirty Magic for the same reason as why they do the Ignition shows. They felt that that record deserved more attention. Maybe especially that song, Dirty Magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    LOL!! Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    lolz, jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan für den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right

Not gonna talk crap about the remake of it. However the drums and guitar have this crispynes to them in that song which defines the song (specially the ride cymbal) but bob rock seems to hate the sound of cymbals in music. I liked rise and fall rage and grace but they couldn't of mixed the drums in worse. I'm not saying that they'll ruin the sound of it i'm just saying theres no way the mixing will do justice to original.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    They redid Dirty Magic for the same reason as why they do the Ignition shows. They felt that that record deserved more attention. Maybe especially that song, Dirty Magic.
    Not trying to know dirty magic because it is a very good song. The only problem I have is that there are so much better songs to re-record. Songs like Session, We are One, Forever and a Day, Kick Him When He's Down, and Burn It Up. Actually, they should just re-record the whole damn album. It's just that if the band decided to re-record a song from it, they should have picked a more rocking one. But then again, this is their album and their band and I can't really dictate what they can and can't do so either way, I'm excited to hear the new version
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

there may be better songs, but we as fans have always asked for Dirty magic live, so they decided to remake it and so be able to play it live too without people staring at them and being like "what's this?"

Dirty Magic is one of the top 5 Offspring songs. For a song to be good, it doesn't have to be a really hard rocking song...

probably came up with something really good that sounded way too similar to dirty magic so they just redid the thing. Painters paint the same shit 30 years later. Or musicians demo before actually recording something.. I bet they didn't really have that opportunity back then.. they must really love that song but hopefully they just found something that improved it too much to ignore reviving it.