Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unshaven women

Default Unshaven women

So on another forum I post on, there is recently a lot of debate about hair on women - mostly because of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmBD8WZY4tw

A lot of people (vast majority being male) have expressed that it's "disgusting", "vomit-inducing", "smelly", "unhygienic" etc. and have tried saying that women who don't shave won't be able to find a husband

Personally, I shave because I feel pressured to - because I really don't want to be sniggered at, and for people to think that I'm unclean (which I feel is complete rubbish - men aren't seen as being disgusting for not shaving). Saying that, I can't really remember the last time I shaved my legs properly - even when I last wore shorts, I really just wasn't bothered about it.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what opinions are here, and if people seem to find it as revolting as a lot of Irish men appear to.

I don't give a fuck, whatever you find the most comfortable and enjoyable. I wish more women had pubic hair.

Girl on the right is way more attractive, waaaaaay more attractive.

Wooooow, dude is an asshole. I wear closed toed shoes and it's not because I don't like my toe hair, you fucking idiot. Also, I don't find 'people are going to pick on you' as a reason not to do something. I mean, if you don't want to do something because you're a afriad to be picked on, that's one thing. If you're telling other people what they do is wrong and they shouldn't challenge it because other people are going to pick on them, then fuck off. That's what the unattractive womans whole argument is, isn't it? 'I don't have the confidence to do what I want'.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 05-16-2012 at 05:42 AM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Oh yeah, I'm a pretty damn hairy dude, and people who think that is weird are fucking weird. My asshair is a little frustrating though.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Girl on the right is way more attractive, waaaaaay more attractive.
    ofcourse she is. No fake tan, younger, better haircut, good make up, eyebrows neatly trimmed, but the hairy legs are a turn off though just like the fake tan already is for the left one.

Crap statement though, something for the jezebel crowd. Ofcourse it's part social pressure, part sexual. Just like washing, cutting your hair, shaving your facial, nose and ear hair, etc all is.

Just googled her, drama and theatre student. Figures...

Whoa. The chick on the right is WAY more attractive. I dunno how anyone would go for the one on the left... gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    A lot of people (vast majority being male) have expressed that it's "disgusting", "vomit-inducing", "smelly", "unhygienic" etc. and have tried saying that women who don't shave won't be able to find a husband
    Yeah, I agree - that stuff is a bunch of bullshit. Hair on a human body is none of those things.

I definitely find less hair to be more attractive on either gender. It's just how I'm wired. If men shaved and exfoliated, I'd probably be more attracted to more of them, lol. However, I think the stigma is sick. Personally, I'd like to hold myself to the standards that I hold for a potential partner - that is, don't be gross, take care of yourself, but if the underarm or leg hair or whatever gets long, so what? It's *just hair*. As long as you keep yourself clean regularly, hair doesn't make things dirty.

I only shave my underarms because I hate how people look/stare at me when I don't. It's really uncomfortable in that regard. I shave my legs, though, because I don't like having leg hair. I find leg hair physically uncomfortable and unattractive (again, on both men and women).

Women being expected to shave began less than a hundred years ago, too. And the concept was created for marketing dresses and stuff. Companies came up with the idea that it was bad not to shave. That women would look nicer in their sun dresses if they shaved. Really sad how that's stuck around and still considered a big deal. I'd love it if society didn't care and I could not shave without a second glance. Maybe one day I'll get past what society things and stop shaving, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The worst thing about shaving is that it will never end. It's like this chinese torture with the drop. That's the only reason why I have enough of it sometimes.

Though, there's that laser thing somewhere. I could learn about it, find properly educated cosmetician and get rid of those hairs forever. So all in all I don't feel that bad.

I like smooth skin, especially on legs, it reflects light better. Even if I giggle for a very first second when I see a woman with underarm hairs, I really respect that, this is just my first brainwashed reaction. That's why I wish more women don't shave, I mean, maybe it could buy more freedom to look how you want generally. Anyway, admiring those hairs sounds totally fake to me.

There's nothing wrong with a little body care, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    There's nothing wrong with a little body care, is there?
    What do you mean?

That shaving = taking care of your body?

I find that shaving and general hair removal is more inclined to irritate my skin and make it horrible and bumpy looking. Not pretty and not comfortable. There's nothing wrong with being hairy, so long as you wash - but that goes for everyone, shaven or unshaven!

We're talking about what 5 min longer in the shower? For me it's just part of let's call it "daily routine" not a big deal at all .
    Just like using dental floss, varnishing nails, plucking eyebrows, getting rid of calluses, putting on some makeup, dyeing hair once in a while ...

If it causes irritations or some girl just doesn't want to shave well, to each his own. I wouldn't feel comfortable otherwise but I don't mind girls/women that don't shave or put on makeup etc. ... it's just not for me.
    Last edited by samseby; 05-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Men are two-faced liars about this hair issue. I always see guys talking about how makeup is so stupid and women are much better without it and they go on and on about being natural is the best and when they are faced with a women who refuses to shave suddenly they turn ugly and claim that she has no self respect. There is nothing natural about waxing or shaving the hair on your body. It is supposed to be there.

I don't like the look of hairy legs so I shave but when I can't be bothered I don't mind going out like that. If men or women don't like it that's their problem. I have always thought people who are extremely disgusted by body hair could be pedophiles. Especially men who are disgusted by pubic hair. Creepy.

And taking care of your body means healthy eating, sports and keeping it clean. Anything else is attempt to be pretty but they usually are the things that harm your body. Hair dying does incredible damage to your hair, manicure again is not good for your nails unless you have ingrown nails, makeup fucks your skin up just like waxing and shaving. Even so called skincare gives temporary results and messes with the oil balance of your skin. Your body knows how to take care of itself.
    Last edited by killer_queen; 05-16-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk should be read by every high school student so they can be like "dude, wtf, this sucks."