Thread: Hats off to the bull

Default Hats off to the bull

who else is in love with this title track from the newest chevelle album?

i like it i wish kroq would still play face to the floor i like that song

i also really like letter from a thief from the last album

oh i live in the dc area. DC101 plays face to floor all the time

I've heard some of the tracks off the new album. I like it. Chevelle is a pretty underrated band.

yea they are. i would be seeing them this year at carnival of madnes but i already got pit tickets to SOAD so i def cant pass that up

Chevelle is, in my opinion, the greatest band out there right now. Awesome riffs, lyrics that actually make you think, and lots of deep, yet easy stuff to get in to. They're finally getting the sound they want. Vena Sera and Sci-Fi crimes were both kind of experimental and they went back to their old roots with Hats off to the Bull

That being said, Hats off to the bull is probably the weakest song on the album. I can't get into it minus the awesome bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GQi0fDH86k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqrj3D3d_Z8

btw their acoustic stuff is really awesome too.

Great band. Yall need to check em out!

i heard they were bad live anyone know if this is true?

Default Chevelle: the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded skies View Post
    Chevelle is, in my opinion, the greatest band out there right now. Awesome riffs, lyrics that actually make you think, and lots of deep, yet easy stuff to get in to. They're finally getting the sound they want. Vena Sera and Sci-Fi crimes were both kind of experimental and they went back to their old roots with Hats off to the Bull

Great band. Yall need to check em out!
    Seriously. I have nothing against the Offspring (love them, in fact), but Chevelle is the closest to perfect music out there. The Offspring is close, though. Maybe a bit mature for me. Nowadays, anyways.
    The best on this CD is 'Face to the Floor' or 'Same old Trip'.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Seriously. I have nothing against the Offspring (love them, in fact), but Chevelle is the closest to perfect music out there. The Offspring is close, though. Maybe a bit mature for me. Nowadays, anyways.
    The best on this CD is 'Face to the Floor' or 'Same old Trip'.
    Couldn't agree more. Wonder What's Next was the first CD I bought and they have been my favorite band since back in 2001.

I'm not quite sure who you're calling more mature, but I would side with chevelle on that one. There is something to lyrics that have to be dissected that really interests me. their songs are honestly like poems. Perfection.

*Not saying Offspring doesn't have that, but anyone who has listened to an entire Chevelle album vs an offspring album should know what im talking about.

Default Re: Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded skies View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Wonder What's Next was the first CD I bought and they have been my favorite band since back in 2001.

I'm not quite sure who you're calling more mature, but I would side with chevelle on that one. There is something to lyrics that have to be dissected that really interests me. their songs are honestly like poems. Perfection.

*Not saying Offspring doesn't have that, but anyone who has listened to an entire Chevelle album vs an offspring album should know what im talking about.
    I was mostly calling the Offspring mature. After all, just listen to Days Go By. "All your anger, all your hurt, doesn't matter in the end." Fairly mature.

As for Chevelle, I agree that Wonder What's Next is the f****n bomb! The lyrics are so awesome, and the riffs are second to none in the metal genre, besides Metallica.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.