Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best albums so far of 2012

so, fucking love Day's Go By. That's definitely my favorite album so far. I hate to say it in this thread because I know after today there is gonna be a ton of people saying it's their favorite album of the year and it feels cheap for me to say that right on the band's forum like a mindless fanboy.
    Last edited by Outerspaceman21; 06-19-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Days Go By Rules!!!
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

Days Go by and Linkin Park's Living Things both share my top spot so far, and let me tell you, it'll take an effort to top these two albums!

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    so, fucking love Day's Go By. That's definitely my favorite album so far. I hate to say it in this thread because I know after today there is gonna be a ton of people saying it's their favorite album of the year and it feels cheap for me to say that right on the band's forum like a mindless fanboy.
    It's a good album, though. I'd nominate it, though it's not the best I've heard this year... it's up there, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

So, With Lions' EP Equipo is pretty fantastic, even if their singer is Thom Yorke's vocal doppelganger.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

So far for me:

1. The Offspring - Days Go By
    2. Anti-Flag - The General Strike
    3. Mark Lanegan - Blues Funeral

This also is the only NEW music I bought so far this year (I also bought a couple of oldies, Bad Religion's Suffer and Soundgarden's Classic Albums Selection box set, but these don't count)

But there's still a lot to look forward to - new Soundgarden album coming out in the fall, POSSIBLY a new Alice in Chains album, but I'm not sure about that one, could come out next year...

I listened to the new Linkin Park's album "Living Things" and is very good. Their best album since "Meteora". I like very much the tracks "Burn It down" & "Lost In The Echo". I also accidentally listened to Cranberries' "Roses" but I disappointed. It's full of slow tracks. I never liked the Cranberries much but there always were some tracks I liked. I am waiting for the new ones by Aerosmith, Muse and Killers. I am especially curious about Aerosmith's because they have not released an album since 2004
    Last edited by Defender; 06-24-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

Most likely going to be in my top 10 of the year.

The production is very "big", particularly when it comes to the drums when compared to their debut. But i think the change was for the better; very Hot Water Music-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Just downloaded the new Smashing Pumpkins, Silversun Pickups and Cancer Bats. Going to post later what I think of them after I'm done listening to them.