Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Best.Show.EVER

thank god no one has posted the new dirty magic yet. I really, really don't want to ruin the surprise but if it got leaked or if another new song got recorded, I would.

First videos from youtube:

We are one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzOcr...hannel&list=UL

Self esteem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdSb...hannel&list=UL

All I want
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91F6FKC3uUs

Pretty fly:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INNoP...hannel&list=UL

The band seems to be really into it. I really hope to see them so great next week in Brusselles too.

Beautiful these videos, especially that of we are one!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    next time just wait 5 mins before you hit reply if you feel jealous/angry. It will help in the long run .
    Quoted for truth.

Sorry Camilamazed, but this shit goes way too long.
    I'm jealous about people who got the chance to go to more then 5 concerts from the Offspring in a year. I'm jealous about people who got the chance to meet the band, again and again and again. But that's the way it is!!!

I'm happy for every fucking youtube-video I get from a show like the first gig in London yesterday (btw. WHERE ARE THE FUCKING YOUTUBE-VIDEOS????).
    And believe me, I spend a lot of money (money I don't own sometimes) in the band. But that's no reason they have to play songs for me when I'm on a concert. Are you really wanna be recognized by the band in this board as a jealous crying girl?
    I know you are jealous, but like Jesus said (he's Jesus, he can't be wrong): "just wait 5 mins before you hit reply"

So. And now: VIDEOS PLEASE!

Surprisingly that was the first Offspring gig I've ever been to, and it was AMAZING! Kind of wish I'd bought a ticket for tonight as well now, but yeah it rocked

I do not particularly want to engage this, but I want to post a few facts (even shit I normally wouldn't about personal stuff with the band), because the band and Sarah are getting compeletly unjustly drgaged through the mud, and I want everyone to be able to make up their own mind:
    AFAIK:
    The Alexs bar Ignition gig was for 200 (?) people
    The London ignition gig was for 2000(?) people
    The Alexs bar gig had about 100ish hardcore fans and the rest of the guest were friends and family who would be considered average (or even perhaps less than average) fans.
    The London gig had 2000 people out of which AT LEAST 75% were hardcore fans - the little girl (!) next to me who was in the front row from when the doors opened until the end was 20 and knew the words to the ignition songs.
    For the first time ever I caught a tossed out pick (yes offspringish artwork rafrag) that Dexter threw out, and I gave it to the girl next to me
    I gave my VIP pass to Greek Old Fan for his collection - I have no extras, so I have none left.
    When the band toasted the crowd, and Dexter gave me his cup of jager I gave it to people standing around me, first and fore most the young girl.

The Lightning Rod request 3 years ago was for Gustavo. Not for myself. I would prefere Half Truism, which was cut at the gig in Croatia. I also made sure Lightning Rod was recorded (I never actually saw a whole bunch of people thank Isti for being selfless enough to not jump around and rock out to LR but to recorded for us all). If anyone watches that video there is evidence in there that I was bugging Dexter to play LR because the BBS kids are on a campaign for Gus.

I DID NOT request a song AT ALL, neither before nor since LR.
    I did make an enquiry when I heard about these shows about one very specific song. I asked Dexter is they are considering playing other deep cuts such as this. Not sure what he answered exactly, but that song WAS NOT played.

Has anyone even VAGUELY considered the option, that they played these songs for their BIGGEST HARDCORE FAN AUDIENCE OF ALL OF FUCKING TIME?! Fuck me RonWelty was there (who actually seems like a great guy!) Mike 911 flew in from fucking Canada, GreekOldFan from Cyprus, Tijs, Ala... Jesus.

Also anyone who stands here and throws out accusations about the bands intent: Dexter and the other members actually _FACTUALLY_ know why they play certain songs. They KNOW (hell even I know this) that I didnt request them. You know how stupid you look if you try to explain and convince others otherwise?!

Camilia,

Sarah has been one of the most enduring people in helping the band. Telling her off because she is doing her job is just petty, even if you dont appreciate her style.

If you ever wanna come to a gig with me you are more than welcome (still - although keep this up and that will change), but stop this sensless mindless unjust negative tone please.

You were there for the original ignition show with their friends
    You were lucky enough to be offered a ticket from a fellow fan
    You got a shout out on stage
    How can you be discontent because of a setlist choice elsewhere in the world? Shouldnt you focus on the positive?
    The last time I saw the Offspring in London it was a 300 person gig in a place called the Garage. If they were playing favorites why opt for a bigger venue? Hell why have 5 shows in all sorts of cities and none in Budapest? I have told them about this great club venue called A38, its a boat on the Danube, would be perfect, yet no show. If one accepts your premise, that is just not logical.

Also: It is possible to choose gigs wisely in terms of rare songs etc... Like last gigs on tours, smaller venues, repeated nights at the same venue, festivals with a more hardcore/metal edge etc.

All,

Please consider and think about the above.*

Thanks

Looking forward to tonight...

-Oxy

that was rad!!! I standed watching the video with a kid smile on my face!! can't wait for brussels!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I think (almost) everyone here agrees with you here, so no need to feel offended

Here's my one decent image, I didn't take my camera so this from the crappy camera on my phone.

That's one of the coolest sights I've ever seen.