Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderate This too

Default Moderate This too

Why the hell cant we talk about anything negative?? seriously?
    whoah whoah woah- next offspring song

There's a big gulf between saying you don't like something the band has done, which is totally fine, and saying they lack any sort of artistic or creative integrity, which is not fine, which got your thread closed.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Manic subsidal Guest

I just read Darrell's thread and thought it was actually a really interesting thing to talk about. His thread was a little harsh, but he didn't come across to me as this "I'm just here to say offspring suck" type of person. I feel that he was right on it with noting how Offspring's music has changed maybe because Dexter is focusing on more "hit song" material. It's a lot different when you see how Smash and even Americana were written without any huge expectations.

But yeah, it's probably better to have this conversation somewhere else. Even if the moderation wasn't strict, the negative threads won't work out here. This new young fan base will tear you apart :P

It's all in how you word it.

Americana had some pretty serious expectations of success around it, FYI.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 06-07-2012 at 11:41 PM.

I am with LM1565 on this. For someone non-Offspring fan this thread looks like a defamation and not an opinion-thread. The change of their style has come into their present style gradually,step to step,year by year and that keeps them still active. It's positive for us.

By the way...Little Miss, I noticed that Camila's account doesn't exist anymore after your last argument about the Ignition show. Her facebook account doesn't exist,too. She is really annoyed.
    Last edited by Defender; 06-08-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

I deleted Camilamazed's account. She wanted it to be deleted, and after giving her some time to think about it she still wanted it.
    * !

Manic subsidal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    It's all in how you word it.

Americana had some pretty serious expectations of success around it, FYI.
    I thought that first too, but then I heard an interview where Dexter said how fast they wrote Americana and they didn't really know how well it would do. I can't remember which interview it was but I thought it was something recent. Oh well

RIP camilamazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    I deleted Camilamazed's account. She wanted it to be deleted, and after giving her some time to think about it she still wanted it.
    I didn't know this could be done. I was under the impression that a person kept their account for life or at least until the bbs was decommissioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz! View Post
    I didn't know this could be done. I was under the impression that a person kept their account for life or at least until the bbs was decommissioned.
    It's not something we make a habit of doing (and one member who has made a habit of having the old web guy nuke her account *multiple* times has been cut off), but thankfully it's not a request we get very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    that's too bad