Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderate This too

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    which threads are you talking about? I'm curious ... I also wanted to say, Censor Sarah strikes again.
    You haven't read the thread. You acknowledge that you have no idea what happened. And yet you jump to crazy conclusions so you can kind of attack someone? Sarah didn't censor anyone, so cool your freaking jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I think that we should delete LA blog negative review. I mean Findout is laughing that you can stop some fans, but you can't stop media. Well, actually you can, on the band's website, so go ahead and get rid of it somehow.

It's out, done, we don't need another 1000 posts platinum thread, the band can already learn something from it, so it's time to at least lock it.

If we agree to the positive aura thinking, let's do it 100%. Or does Dexter really love the review? I think it was tendentious, but still a campaign for the band.

I think my idea of locking it after a certain amount of time would be a little step further, but I like Platinum threads. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Degstur Lolland View Post
    Platinum threads. :d
    You've said those words together in that order 3 times today. I felt like pointing it out........... that I can count to 3, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    It's generally recommended that you know what you're talking about before you start running your mouth. But I know that's never stopped you before, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    When has the lack of information been a problem between us? Our differences have never had nothing to do with lack of information.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    You haven't read the thread. You acknowledge that you have no idea what happened. And yet you jump to crazy conclusions so you can kind of attack someone? Sarah didn't censor anyone, so cool your freaking jets.
    She closed Darrell's other thread, because of his opinions, where he said the band lacked creativity, I wasn't talking about the thread I haven't read yet. So, she closed it because of the information within the thread, if that's not censorship then I'm freaking crazy.

My jets are cool, you all know what happens when it ignites, I rant and rant and rant and rant, this time I just shared a thought, based on the behaviour I see.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Most of this discussion is unnecessary. Mostly because Sarah is seemingly going out of her way to explain the reasoning behind every decision she makes.

Instead of just closing the threads that question the actions she's taken, she closes the ones that break the rules and leaves the discussion ones open until they reach dangerously close to personal abuse.

Unbelievable. This has convinced me.

It suddenly seems so clear! You're so right, this place is horrible. I'm moving to another part of the internet.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Censorship implies that there is free speech here. There isn't. The rules are posted in each forum. Threads that aren't in keeping with those rules can be closed or deleted.

And no, you're right - the problems between us have stemmed from your inability to leave me alone, so again, I'm not sure why I'm still surprised.
    Mmm... I believe there is freedom of speech EVERYWHERE, even if some internet site rules say there isn't, anybody can say whatever they want, you can't stop people from doing it, all you can do is delete what people says, or banning members from the BBS, so, yes, it is censorship, and it doesn't imply anything, censorship is censorship, here and in China.

As I said before somewhere else, I was only going to talk to you when I feel you are not being a good moderator, which I didn't, I only threw one harmless comment there, which you responded in your condescending tone, as usual, which doesn't surprise me, but it entitles me to respond and clarify, as I always do, that is the thing about me that shouldn't surprise you.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Just a heads up, freedom of speech technically only protects you from government persecution for saying things, so as long as they don't intervene, all's still fair.

And the very fact that this thread hasn't been closed yet, to me, is proof that moderation is very lax. When 1565 comments in her "condescending tone", she's still doing it as a forum member unless she edits or deletes your posts. I get that arguments happen, but it seems a bit odd to claim "censorship!" when you're not being censored. You're just being argued with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    Mmm... I believe there is freedom of speech EVERYWHERE, even if some internet site rules say there isn't, anybody can say whatever they want, you can't stop people from doing it, all you can do is delete what people says, or banning members from the BBS, so, yes, it is censorship, and it doesn't imply anything, censorship is censorship, here and in China.
    First of all, censorship, as you call it, is everywhere. On Facebook, you can be banned or have stuff deleted if people find it inappropriate, too. Your boss can fire you for saying stuff he doesn't like. Any privately operated place can decide what they will and won't allow people to say.

Second of all, THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Just a heads up, freedom of speech technically only protects you from government persecution for saying things, so as long as they don't intervene, all's still fair.
    Jesus christ, it annoys me so much when people do not understand what freedom of speech is. Sorry, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can go on the radio and be super fucking racist and still keep your job. It doesn't mean you can go on a band's website and say whatever the hell you want about the band.

Listen up, those who hate 1565. She's not perfect, no. Nobody is. Does she make mistakes? Of course she does. But to tell the truth, the things I think she messes up are not with actual moderation, but with engaging in arguments with people who are stirring up shit, which isn't a great idea for a moderator to do. The point is, the thing I think she does "wrong" is actually a sign of her NOT being a strict mod. A strict mod would just delete that shit, but she actually debates first. I've had my comments deleted before. I've even gotten a warning once. And guess what? They were probably deserved. I don't remember what they were anymore, but having things deleted sure didn't have any effect on my life. It probably was best for the board at the time, and if it wasn't, so what?? It's. Just. A message. Board. Oh, and by the way, I've recently expressed plenty of disdain for CC on this bbs, but I've done it in a respectful, grown-up way, and I haven't been censored. 5 years ago, I probably would've written it in a way that would've had me censored like hell. It's called trying to be a bit more mature.

Seriously, these threads come up every so often... I really would not want Sarah's job here. She does a really good job of cleaning up all the shit you guys don't even notice... and when she does one thing you don't like, you blow up. It must really suck to have to watch over a forum of angry little manchildren who think they can do whatever they want cause OMG TRUPUNX!!!1111one!!1 It's like babysitting adults whom you don't even know. Damn, Sarah, I hope the band rewards you big for this shit. I know they don't pay you... but there'd better be SOMETHING.

Llama rant out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Default Re: douchy posts

I just deleted two shitty posts being douchey to me and the band in this thread! It felt awesome!
    Hey, good for you. May I just say one thing? If we sign up for this forum, we have NO EXCUSE to not follow the rules. There are other forums that are out there for those who wish to break rules. Just not here.

PS: why don't you just trash any/all posts that insult you or the band? Not just two, but 102, if that's what it takes to show the fools who's boss.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.